Base Camp trailer for sale on Ebay

flywgn

Explorer
SOCALFJ said:
Which one did you like better? Connie or Harry? How do you feel they compare being pulled behind your rig? We have a Horizon and to me, it seems like the Conqueror's just come with way more options.

1. All things considered, Harry.
2. The suspension on Harry (trailing-arm Chaser® suspension) is better, but both suffer from being over-tired IMO. Even running 12psi in Harry's tires there's still no sidewall flex to speak of. This translates to brutal punishment (and failure) for add-on equipment like the awning.
I did prefer the hitch on Connie. The 50mm ball was not objectional; the articulation just as good; the hooking-up easier. I also liked the manual parking brake on Connie—very useful.
3. As far as 'options' go I'm unclear what you mean. I think just about any accessory available for Connie is available for Harry. Different manufacturers maybe, but still comparable. I confess that I haven't visited the Conquerer web site to see their lists.

As an aside, the two folding camp chairs that came with Connie were minimal and uncomfortable. Those became our 'guest' chairs, that way the guests didn't overstay their welcome.

Allen R

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
flywgn said:
3. As far as 'options' go I'm unclear what you mean. I think just about any accessory available for Connie is available for Harry. Different manufacturers maybe, but still comparable. I confess that I haven't visited the Conquerer web site to see their lists.

Allen R

As far as options are concerned.. Im talking about a portable shower and privacy stall, stand-alone wash stands (kitchen and personal). Also the drawers are way better than just having a main storage cargo box. I don't know it just looks like it has 'more' bang for your buck.

flywgn

Explorer
I just visited the web site for Conquerer. They do seem to be offering quite a bit for your dollar.

We didn't have any drawers on our model though this was eight years ago and they seem to have made many changes.

We really did like the double 'barn doors' at the rear tailgate with built-in storage areas. Very clever and practical. The Minus40® took up nearly the entire space athwartships with little or no storage on either side. No matter, since one could access the cargo compartment from the forward side doors.

Also, we enjoyed, and used, the cargo rack that was on top. The only disadvantage was that you had to off-load anything before opening the clamshell. We mostly used it for gathering deadfall as we travelled during the day, so off-loaded it anyway.

Allen R

PS (on edit) I regret that I don't have any photos of Connie digitized for upload.

flywgn

Explorer
Well, what a hoot! There is at least one photo of me and our Suburban towing Connie, and I found it on a web site.

Stephen Goetz shot some promo photos in Death Valley on our way to SEMA. That's me walking up from a following vehicle whom I had just alerted to the fact that we would not delay them much longer.

Check out our roof-rack on our Sub. That was fabricated from aircraft aluminum. Light and sturdy as hell. I should have never let that rack go...even if it was to our daughter and son-in-law.

Allen R

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Got this email from them this AM..

"HELLO, SOMEONE JUST SENT ME YOUR WEB SITE , GREAT SITE. I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH MEGA MANUFACTURING , CONQUEROR FOR THE LATE SIX YEARS AS THE EXCLUSIVE DISTRIBUTOR FOR NORTH AMERICA. SINCE NO ONE HAD EVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THESE IN AMERICA AND I HAD TO BASE MY OPERATION OUT OF THE SOUTHEAST ,IT HAS BEEN AN UPHILL BATTLE. I HAVE SOLD TRAILERS ALL OVER THE U.S. AND HAVE NOTHING BUT SATISFIED CUSTOMERS . I HAVE A GOOD INVENTORY IN STOCK IN A HEATED AND AIR WAREHOUSE IN ATLANTA , GEORGIA , READY FOR DELIVERY. I HAVE CONTINUED TO TRY AND INVEST IN PROMOTING THESE TRAILERS IN THE U.S. .WITH THE CONTINUING DETERIORATION OF THE DOLLAR , I HAVE FINALLY MADE THE DECISION TO END MY BUSINESS WITH SO. AFRICA. IF YOU COME IN CONTACT WITH ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO BUY WHAT I CONSIDER TO BE THE BEST DESIGNED AND STRONGEST BUILT OFF ROAD TRAILERS ANYWHERE, PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL. I'M SELLING COMPACTS FOR $8,995.00 , CONQUEST FOR $9,995.00 AND THE BASE CAMP $9,995.00 ....LARRY PARKER...678-557-1008. LOOK AT MY WEBSITE.....AMERICAN MOBILE RESPONDERS.COM.....THANKS"

Last edited:

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Greetings everyone. I've been lurking a while and getting familiar w/ the site, which is great. To the point, I am the guy NashvilleRover enticed to go "take a look see", and came back w/ the BaseCamp. I was not ready to purchase, but a "deal" was offered, and I could not come home without the rig. Dean in Atlanta was very knowledgable and spent a good deal of time w/ me. We set up the unit, and truthfully, w/ a little practice and two people, 15 minutes is reasonable. The unit itself is fantastic, and I don't say that lightly. We actually had seen one in use the year prior, and considered it, but weren't ready, and the price was a little steep at the time. As Nashville stated, the BaseCamp is huge, but we wanted a Base Camp!! Park it, do some wheeling/hiking/hanging out, etc, or do point to point w/ plenty of room for the family. I never thought I would do a camper, but this is hard to beat for a family, or just for the comfort and flexibity. The fridge is not, or was not included, but the pull out drawer is in place( getting the Engel). The units are brand new, just a few years old, but stored in a climate controlled facility. Since they are designed for military use, not a problem. Hope this helps- Cheers.

andyrad

Adventurer
I've posted this already but I am so damn excited I'm doing it again. I just picked up the Base Camp for $5000, NEW.!!!:victory:

texasnielsen

Outdoorsman
Got mine last weekend

IMG_0084.jpg

:wings:

mfreeman17

Observer
Just to make sure I am clear (thinking of either the base camp or the compact) - is the base camp model tent similar to a typical RTT such as a EziAwn, or do you have to construct it like a ground tent with poles etc.?

Any pictures of the Base Camp tent deployed, or a video would be appreciated!

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
The last Base Camp was sold today.
There are 8 Compacts left at $5K each and once gone, ... they will be gone.

To put it into perspective, last week this time, Dean had 14 Compacts.

They are going quick at this price.

Dendy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle