Base Camp trailer for sale on Ebay

texasnielsen

Outdoorsman
mfreeman17,

Been lurking on this thread (been following all the threads I see about the Conquerors; I recently acquired the base camp.)

Ran outside and just took these photos of the trailer with both tents deployed. Maybe this may help with your decision as to the size needed.

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

kitchen opened in the garage earlier

IMG_0087.jpg

Good luck with your decision.

(just returned from a trip to Cabela's to purchase some folding cots for the lower tent for the kids to use; until I get the propane tanks that nashvillerover spec'd out for us, I am continuing to use the disposal tanks. "C" had them on sale too today!) :coffeedrink:

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Texan et all:

Make sure you season your tent!
If you are not familiar, start on a sunny or breezy day and saturate the tent with water (a heavy mist works best).

Let it dry completely, ... and then do it again.

Make sure you do not put it away wet.

If you do not season it, ... and go camping in a heavy rain, ... you are gonna get wet!

Just passing this along ... since you have it all set up and nice looking!

Thanks
Dendy

texasnielsen

Outdoorsman
Thanks Dendy - have mine out "sunning" now. Understand I should do it 2-3 times, yes? (its cool out today, so I am hoping the drying times between hose downs doesn't take too long)

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Thanks Dendy - have mine out "sunning" now. Understand I should do it 2-3 times, yes? (its cool out today, so I am hoping the drying times between hose downs doesn't take too long)
Living in the ultra-humid mountains, we've found that a space heater shortens the drying time when you're in a pinch. There's quite a bit of condensation that forms inside when you winter camp.
I never like to put the tent away dank...

mfreeman17

Observer
mfreeman17,

Been lurking on this thread (been following all the threads I see about the Conquerors; I recently acquired the base camp.)

Ran outside and just took these photos of the trailer with both tents deployed. Maybe this may help with your decision as to the size needed.

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

kitchen opened in the garage earlier

IMG_0087.jpg

Good luck with your decision.

(just returned from a trip to Cabela's to purchase some folding cots for the lower tent for the kids to use; until I get the propane tanks that nashvillerover spec'd out for us, I am continuing to use the disposal tanks. "C" had them on sale too today!) :coffeedrink:

Thank you very much for the photos - this is what we decided. We pulled together a few friends and actually purchased 4 units. One basecamp and 3 compacts. Now we need to work on shipping, good news they are all coming to Mesa, AZ. We got some demensions from Dean I wanted to run buy you compact and basecamp owners...

Compact = 1650lbs, 12ft. long, 6ft. high, 6ft. wide
Basecamp = 1950lbs, 13.5ft long, 6ft. high, 6ft. wide

When you guys shipped the trailers - did you use these weights/dimensions above or has your experience shown different (perhaps some of the owners out there have weighed their trailers empty?)

Thanks in advance for your help...

Mark

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Mark, what a good move! Dean should be able to help you arrange shipping, as 4 trailers would make one run for someone with a dually with a 4 car hauler.

D

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I never weighed my Compact --- but those are pretty fair numbers.
I'm curious about the weight, actually; Martyn says that 1650 is short of the actual number.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I love watching these Conqueror threads. Before I got my Kimberley, I got really focused on the Conqueror trailer. At the time, there was no source in the US so I shifted my focus and ended up with KK instead.

The Conquerors are a very sweet set up trailer though. I'm looking forward to all the trip reports as these puppies get into new homes and out in the back country.:sombrero:

Safado

Adventurer
Can anyone confirm how talll and how long (tip to tip) the Compact and Basecamp trailers are? We're trying to see if we can help out another Expo member in Prescott and get a 5th on the same truck.

Are they both really 6 feet tall? and only a foot difference in length?

Thanks.

From my research the compact length from tip of hitch to tha back of the spare tire is 10.24 feet (from tip of hitch to rear bumper of trailer its 9.43 feet) the compacts hight is 5.2 feet. They dont make the basecamp anymore so im not sure on size. Thanks again for all the help and let me know:wings:

mike

(edit here it is)

Last edited:

Safado

Adventurer
Thanks Mike, you're that friend in Prescott if I understand things correctly. These Conqueror's are going to go from a rarity in AZ to quite a bit more common. PM me the shipper you have lined up already or give me a call. (Mark sent you a PM with my number.)

Thanks for the pic, that's perfect.

Last edited:

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Safado:

Due to the great balance the trailers feature, they are able to be maneuvered fairly well. I would venture to get that a trailer that is large enough could put the trailers on a diagonal and increase the amount they can carry or have the hitch slide under the forward trailer.

Seems like they could get 6 on a 4 car carrier.

Dendy

texasnielsen

Outdoorsman
Safado:

Seems like they could get 6 on a 4 car carrier.

Dendy

The carrier that I used had an F150, an Escalade, one Compact and one base camp on a 4-car trailer. Dendy's correct, with the way they were loaded and due to the "angle" of the bed on the shipping company's trailer, they should be able to easily get 6 Conquerors on, even if they were all base camps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan