A Sucker Born Every Minute

richard cabesa

Adventurer
:xxrotflma Somebody still believes in Santa Clause, the tooth fairy and the Easter Bunny...

Great trailer, Richard, looks like the perfect size. How heavy is it approximately?

Dunno. I'm curious myself. I don't think it's over 7-800 lbs though. It pulled quite easy on the way home with a couple of slight hills.

Think two full sized camper shells, a couple of sheets of plywood, about 40' of 2x2 tubing and an axel. Not a whole lot to it.

richard cabesa

Adventurer
OK, with a few of the posts here and at the request of the bos. . . err . . . wife, I put together one leaving the orange with no bumper or flairs.

Whataya think?
555060777_rPMDV-L.jpg

I could some other help here too. I'm pretty good at the fabrication stuff for the frame, suspension, body repair and woodwork, but I need help on the electrical. I've been called Smoke Fingers more than a few times when it comes to 12v. I'm going to want to do a complete rewire with 12/120v, charger, inverter, battery, lights, etc. Maybe even solar.

Anyway, any suggestions on reading material for RV wiring? Something with nice large system by system diagrams. I work well with pictures :sombrero:

Thanks . . .

Outback

Explorer
OK, with a few of the posts here and at the request of the bos. . . err . . . wife, I put together one leaving the orange with no bumper or flairs.

Whataya think?
555060777_rPMDV-L.jpg

I could some other help here too. I'm pretty good at the fabrication stuff for the frame, suspension, body repair and woodwork, but I need help on the electrical. I've been called Smoke Fingers more than a few times when it comes to 12v. I'm going to want to do a complete rewire with 12/120v, charger, inverter, battery, lights, etc. Maybe even solar.

Anyway, any suggestions on reading material for RV wiring? Something with nice large system by system diagrams. I work well with pictures :sombrero:

Thanks . . .

I would suggest going to Lowes or Home depot and buying one of there "How to wire your house" type books. It will give you a very good base to work from. Purchase a very nice Volt Meter. I like Fluke meters. When you start to remove all the old wiring take lots of pictures for future reference. Place any clamps screws and unique fasteners in zip lock bags. tag and bag. You never know when you might need something. Post your pictures here daily and you will always have a reference to go back to. I will be installing Solar panels on my Military trailer build. Solar, generator and plug in power will be available. These install will have to wait as I hit the road Monday and will be out in the field for 3 weeks. At least I will have my basic camp trailer with me! :wings: Im getting tired of tents and motel rooms. Iwill post a link here for you to drop in now and then and check how things are going. :coffee:

Outback

Explorer
Looking at the picture above amazes me. Just a simple rim conversion and it makes it look modern. In fact it even looks kinda Toyota-ish! But the Orange has to go. The pumpkin orange looks like what Cinderella rode to the Ball in! If you painted it Toyota white then you'd be all right! lol. It does look good though just with those new Toy rims!

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
I think it's a really neat starting point. I'm not a big fan of the orange myself. I'd paint it all, black out the aluminum trim, some wheels and a new interior and you've got a nice setup.

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
I like the retro look . Keep the orange and see if you can buff it out. Once you get it all shiney and sparkeling, I bet it makes a world of difference in its appearance. Like the rims to match , too. :ylsmoke:

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader

Thanks . . .[/QUOTE]

Heeeeere ya go!! The Bible (or at least a good start) Good Luck, and if you need more links just hollar..I got a million of em'

Pat

http://www.ccis.com/home/mnemeth/12volt/12volt.htm

rctr03

Adventurer
i have a friend that just picked up a 74 retro trailer, less than 1,000 pounds. looking for the same build as a base camp set up.

jimmy

good luck with the build!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior