AmboLander

FDM2012

Adventurer
Found myself in the vicinity of the junkyard today, so I went for a stroll and scored this console for $19.12. I cleaned it up
and painted the lower section black. #BudgetBuild

IMG_20160708_130822.jpg

IMG_20160708_133624.jpg

I also got the other 2 wheels painted.

IMG_20160708_200854.jpg

As far as performance, I am going to try to find a Livewire locally here in podunk Tampa tomorrow.

I NEED data!

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Found myself in the vicinity of the junkyard today, so I went for a stroll and scored this console for $19.12. I cleaned it up
and painted the lower section black. #BudgetBuild

View attachment 354270

View attachment 354271

I also got the other 2 wheels painted.

View attachment 354272

As far as performance, I am going to try to find a Livewire locally here in podunk Tampa tomorrow.

I NEED data!

I would consider reworking all the switches if I could find a stock console like that... Wreckers here usually Want at least 1/2 new retail to get one.

FDM2012

Adventurer
Well, I chipped away at it a little more this weekend. Blacked out the light bar red lenses, painted the rear fender flares, cut and painted and installed the front fender flares that I ripped off a POS conversion van at junkyard, removed running boards and installed Bully door steps, and painted the front bumper. It will do for now, until I figure out a winch and lights, all that crap........

IMG_20160710_163719.jpg

IMG_20160710_163734.jpg

IMG_20160710_163759.jpg

Last edited:

FDM2012

Adventurer
Only 93 degrees with a 113 Heat Index this afternoon, so I felt froggy and painted all the lower diamond plate and rear bumper, and under coated the bottom 10 inches. Sure looks different.

Phase 1 nearly complete......

IMG_20160714_160444.jpg
IMG_20160714_160611.jpg
image8.jpeg

FDM2012

Adventurer
New locks:

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_20160718_110513.jpg

Went to my favorite Saturday auction and scored this air system for $15. I wasn't positive that the compressor was still in the box,
but when I got home I was pleased to see that it had the Thompson pump ($380 online) just like I already have in the ambulance.
So, I am going to run both of them into this single tank, which will be mounted underbody.

IMG_20160716_130324.jpg

IMG_20160716_130412.jpg

Last edited:

Abitibi

Explorer
Was it pretty straight forward to change the locks? It's on my bucket list...
Earlier you were asking about aftermarket air intake on these vans. I remember reading a thread where a member modified a kit to make it work with good results. I'll try to dig it out but it might be buried pretty deep...

Coming along very nice, keep it going!
David

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

FDM2012

Adventurer
Yes, very easy. Just need to use an angle grinder to shorten and curve the cams, and on the doors
just bend the inside latch cams, so that they will still lock. Viola!

The thing that took the longest was just taking off the panels to gain access. No biggee...

My post on June 28th shows my completed air intake system. Although, I might try removing the resonator to see how
loud it is.
Maybe with my additional 5'' (2 hoses 2 1/2'' each ran to the fender cavities with ram vents on the exterior) of intake
to the air box it won't be so bad?

Last edited:

rossvtaylor

Adventurer
Oooooo, we want more info on the barrel locks! Our rig has cores with 3 different keys. I followed the forum link, but it looks like I was supposed to find Post #69 and there weren't that many in the thread. So, I'm missing good info! Where did you get the cores you used?

Thanks!

Ross and Kara

FDM2012

Adventurer
@Ross and Kara,

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On the mechanisms in my McCoy Miller box, I had to use a disc grinder to cut and shape the cams as depicted by the red line in the picture.

Presentation1.jpg

For the interior door lock levers to still work, remove the cams and rotate 90 degrees, and bend out about 1/8'' so that will engage the sliding latch.
Don't fret, it will all make sense once you tear into it. Removing and re-hanging the inside panels it what actually takes the most time, and even that is minimal. Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

gouldjam

What did you use to undercoat and paint the diamond plate? Ive been having a hard time finding something that will stick to diamond plate without chipping and flaking.

Abitibi

Explorer
Not sure how FDM did his but on mine I used a 2 parts epoxy Berliner.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan