AmboLander

FDM2012

Adventurer
I'm not much on finesse. I scuffed the diamond plate really good with scotchbrite, doused them with brake cleaner, and sprayed them with rustoleum semi gloss and then, I scuffed and used GoofOff before I sprayed Rustoleum Undercoating on the lower 10'' of the box. I then let the Florida sun do the rest. Time will tell.............but for now, it all looks pretty dern good. Mostly.....

Last edited:

FDM2012

Adventurer
Just to go back and touch on the EBP topic. Since buying my rig in May, I have been dealing with a lack of low end power.
Felt like driving an 80's car with a problematic Quadrajet. (Been there?...)

Anyways, after getting my LiveWire tuner installed last week (courtesy of Twisted Metal Offroad here in Tampa), a high backpressure
of about 107 was defueling my engine. I had changed the EBP sensor and cleaned the tube a month or so ago, but I guess the tube
was still restricted enough.
So, knowing that I will eventually change pedestal and do a complete delete, I unplugged the EBPV and ordered a bypass dongle for
the sensor. I just received it yesterday, and Holy Smokes, this thing is SCREAMING now!

I have the doghouse off for relining and sound proofing, so I only drove it enough to piss off the neighbors, but man, what a difference. I know I am
soon to have serious heat issues, with all the power mods I have done, so I also got some hood vents and will get them on in the
next week, hopefully.

Not sure which way I am putting them on yet....

IMG_20160720_131812.jpg

IMG_20160720_131945.jpg

Last edited:

gtbensley

Explorer
What was your ebp reading? Mine reads flat at 41-42 and I speculate the sensor is junk. I have cleaned the tube recently.

FDM2012

Adventurer
Mine fluctuated around 107, even after cleaning. I guess it was still restricted. I dunno..... I have always planned to delete the whole thing.
Most ambulances have a "High Idle" module, so if I need to warm up faster, I will just set the E-Brake, and let it do its thing.

Supposedly, anything above 45 causes the ECM to defuel...

It took 6 days to get it from Baltimore to Tampa, and they are terrible at communication (non-working phone and rarely reply to emails...)
But this is where I got it: http://www.spdiesel.com/ Click on "New Products".

cjken

Explorer
Did you get both the ebv and ebs eliminator?
What do they mean by defuel?
Will just unplugging it cause this?

FDM2012

Adventurer
My (novice) understanding is that it cuts the fuel being put to the cylinders if there is too high of a back pressure.
Not sure about just unplugging it. I can't find it now, but I read in a forum somewhere that you do not want to
just unplug the sensor, but that unplugging the valve is not detrimental.

If yours seems weak and sluggish, like mine was, it might be worth a shot. I can now feel and hear all of the mods that I have done.
It has been night and day. Before, I hated being at a light, because I new it was going to stumble and chug, Now, I find myself looking
around for another PowerStroke to dance with. I kid you not.

I only ordered the EBS Eliminator, and I unplugged the pedestal valve. So far, no code has been thrown.
I am now most worried about not having a waste gate. If I let it, it would over 40PSI, and that is not good without
stronger head bolts and other mods. And, of course all of the heat.

Again, this is my first rig to do this much stuff on, so I am learning as I go. I'm sure MANY people can chime in and offer
some more solid insight. The dually I had before this was bone stock, and other than a fuel canister leak, I never had an issue
with it.

Last edited:

FDM2012

Adventurer
One order is plenty. I had over a foot left over once trimmed. I wanted it to go in as one piece.

I cleaned the existing liner VERY well with household cleaner, then doused it with brake cleaner that I
order by the case.... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007VWYIAS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then, before peeling, I fit and trimmed it. Once formed, I borrowed a few extra hands from some punk kids, and stuck it in
and then using a baseball and a golf ball, I made sure it was pressed and stuck everywhere. I think that worked better than
a roller would have...

I am now going to try and find a good turbo blanket (without breaking the bank), and I am still debating on wrapping the
up pipes and down pipe. There are MANY mixed opinions on wrapping...... Since I already bought some, I am leaning towards it.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
An option to consider for the turbo blanket is to DIY. I went to harbor freight and bought a welding blanket and a spool of stainless steel mechanics wire. I figure some cutting/trimming/ and a few folded layers along with some stainless steel "thread" and I'll be in business for about $30 or so. Sure beats the approx couple hundred I see for fitted blankets.

FDM2012

Adventurer
Again, I'm not much on finesse, and I dang sure can't sew!! lol

Not sure of the quality, but I ordered one of these this morning.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252461960026?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

They said it retailed for $119. So that means I am getting a great deal, right?

I mean, if it's on the InterWeb, then it must be true.....

It's not like this thing is my daily driver, so I am hoping to get some use out of it!! :smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan