AT's new trailers

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
I just thought I'd throw this out there since you're still in the development stages: I like the idea of an off-road "teardrop", and almost went that way myself. However, if I were in the market for purchasing one, I would want it to be more modern and "technical" looking. I'm not nostalgic enough to want to tow a retro looking trailer behind my modern vehicle.

Not a criticism, just some feedback for your planning. Perhaps you could have two styles that are otherwise constructed on the same frame, only one is a boxy, and one is a teardrop.

Great input.

I'm really liking the composite trailer... :lurk:

But Martyn and Mario already know that! :drool:

Last edited:

gabepari

Explorer
The composite trailer is about as boxy as they come :)

Don't worry, there are plenty of things floating around in me and Mario's feeble little minds. Just need to figure out how to cram 40-50 hours in each day :coffee:

Gabe

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
The composite trailer is about as boxy as they come :)

Clearly, you haven't seen my Borg Spaceship trailer. The Cube.

:wings:

attachment.php

cube.jpg

It's an "Engineers Gone Wild" design. ;)

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Great input.

I'm really liking the composite trailer... :lurk:

But Martyn and Mario already know that! :drool:

Doc

We knew we didn't stand a chance of releasing the trailers with you in the same State, so we had to wait until you went overseas :)

atavuss

Adventurer
The Tear-drop is a collaboration between AT and So-Cal Teardrops. Gabe from So-Cal is a long time off-roader and we have been bouncing this idea back and forth for a couple of years now.

The Tear drop at the show was a concept trailer to judge peoples reception to the product. The production model looks like it will be 6 inches wider to give a little more interior room and kitchen width.

We will have all the statistics on both trailers posted to our web site sometime next week.

I saw a So-Cal Teardrop trailer being towed down the freeway the other day, I thought it was a cool looking trailer.

1speed

Explorer
Here's the Cliff Note : I was at the Expo and saw these trailers. Both trailers are incredible. AT is doing some amazing work!

corbin8or

Adventurer
hey Martyn, I was very impressed with your design of the composite trailer! I liked the teardrop as well... I think both offer new options for anyone wanting to participate in overland style camping.
I was also very happy to have helped you with your display and any feedback that Ashliegh and I could offer. Feel free to contact me for anything else. I think you guys are putting out some outstanding quality in you products and your whole group there were very fun to be around!!

coop74

Old Camping Dude
I am very new here so If I speak out of turn feel free to let me know. Does anyone offer a hard side like the teardrop camper that is also capable of carrying another RTT?

Doing so would allow sleeping quarters for 4 that could be deployed quickly and still give mom and dad a little privacy?

Coop

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
I am very new here so If I speak out of turn feel free to let me know. Does anyone offer a hard side like the teardrop camper that is also capable of carrying another RTT?

Doing so would allow sleeping quarters for 4 that could be deployed quickly and still give mom and dad a little privacy?

Coop

Check out my build. That's exactly what I'm doing.

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004

Coop

The AT Overland Teardrop can easily carry a rooftop tent. We would recommend using a 1200 or 1400 T-Top that would provide an enclosed room just outside of the tear door.

SGNellett

Adventurer
In reading thru this and a few other threads, and looking at the AT site, I wonder if anyone has ever asked about using one of the truck bodies as a sort-of slide in camper for a utility trailer?

I already have a little bantam knock off that I use alot around the house and so I can't permanently mount things like racks & tents, it's too hard to get to the dump w/ yard waste that way!

Sliding in a truck body might be a good compromise, as I could just pull it out when I'm not camping!

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Any idea on when the Teardrop pricing will be available? I'm working on my Christmas list :)

I have 90% of the Teardrop pricing done. I'm waiting on pricing on the roof rack, awning, and water tank. I'm expecting to post the pricing tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior