Conqueror Compact Weight?

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I expect that removing the tent would get you below 1000. BTW - anyone know how to remove the tent/tent cover?
There's an aluminum channel with a rope inserted to form a tongue-in-groove attachment for the tent fabric; the frame is mechanically attached as well.
All in all, not a quick process to remove and much more intense to put back.

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
I agree with Bill

Yes I looked at that... looked to be a REAL pain to get back on correctly! If I was within a 100 pounds, I would have removed all the exterior holders, the fridge slide and maybe tried to use my AL Toyota rims to lose the last few pounds. To lose the 260 would require taking the tent off.... I received a call from NYS this morning, I have to apply for a new VIN.... paperwork is on the way. Stay tuned!

XJBANKER

Explorer
Yes I looked at that... looked to be a REAL pain to get back on correctly! If I was within a 100 pounds, I would have removed all the exterior holders, the fridge slide and maybe tried to use my AL Toyota rims to lose the last few pounds. To lose the 260 would require taking the tent off.... I received a call from NYS this morning, I have to apply for a new VIN.... paperwork is on the way. Stay tuned!

My limit is 750lbs and I dont think that I can get it down that light. I dont mind registering it, I just hate paying the Sales Tax.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
My limit is 750lbs and I dont think that I can get it down that light. I dont mind registering it, I just hate paying the Sales Tax.

Aren't you guys jealous that you don't live in Georgia where you can say that a pound equals 2.2 kilograms? :costumed-smiley-007

fubar

Adventurer
:xxrotflma

Weight was the one issue I did not have. Told 'em it was 900 lbs. (from the spec sheet).

XJBANKER

Explorer
So according to the Utah state law if your trailer is at the weight limit or under the trailer does not have to be registered. I have called the DMV and the Highway patrol and they said that if I have the law printed out and carry it with the trailer if I got pulled over it looks like I have done my homework and know the rules for the trailer so they would not be too concerned. Also I have called a couple of the neighboring states and they said they judge a trailer being pulled by the laws of the state the vehicle is registered in that is pulling it.

The only downfall to this is that I cant get the title put into my name without registering the trailer. Does anyone see any unforseen problem with just having the title in hand but not changing the name over? not sure if it would effect insurance or something like that.

Also how much are you insuring these trailers for?????

fubar

Adventurer
Are you thinking you can pass it off for under 750 lbs? Seems kinda risky.

Even if I had this option, I would have registered and titled it for insurance and ease of any future sale reasons.

XJBANKER

Explorer
The two Highway patrol officers that I talked to asked if they pull you over how are they going to weigh it?

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
I dunno... if I were an officer, no way would I believe that trailer was under 750lbs. And just like speeding laws, you're probably guilty until proven innocent.

Slightly OT but the Highway Patrol out here has some pickups with portable scales for big rigs. I imagine a similar process could be performed on a bumper pull trailer.

Brian

XJBANKER

Explorer
The DMV said that things bolted on are considered add ons so take the tent off, spare tire, nose box and contents, water tanks, gas cans and mounts propane mounts. drop legs, trailer jack, wolf pack brackets.

I bet if you really wanted to tear the thing apart you could get really close. I was at about 1500lbs with everything attatched.

Bergger

Explorer
I would just register the trailer so you don't have to worry about anything. CO was the same as far as the DMV considering bolt ons as accessories. I also had AT send me an invoice for just the cost of the Chaser trailer with no options. That's what I showed the DMV when I registered it. It brought the cost way down. However I had my Chaser insured for 10k to cover all of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior