Conqueror Compact Weight?

racingjason

Adventurer
We ran ours across the scale when it was loaded up. 1010kgs or 2222 lbs :Wow1:, I was surprised but after I thought more about it more it does not seem that far off. (though I plan on checking another scale just to be sure) We were carrying:

Water tanks mostly full
Two jerry cans (one diesel one water)
74 litre fridge (mostly empty)
Wolf packs (mostly full)
Two Pelican 1560's with tools and parts
Another small toolbox
Two steel sand ladders (40lbs)
Three small suitcases
Two milkcrates of shoes and misc. stuff, some books, medical kits etc.
Conqueror Awning, stove, lawn chairs, bedding, bottle jack, etc.
Nose box had several bottles of oil, porta pot, water hose, extension cord...

Anyway, they can get pretty porky pretty quick. We did not bring along much that we would not take again. And remember the weight of the trailer does not include the tongue weight as it was hooked to the truck at the time. Guess it is time to get a new axle with brakes. All that being said the Crusier did a fine job pulling and stopping it.

red_5

Adventurer
Thanks for posting that up Jason. I've been dying to find out what the whole thing weighs ready to roll.

I was guessing it had to be around 2k or so though it pulls like it's lighter than that.

I put braked axle under our Compact before we went on a two week camping road trip out to Colorado from California and every time we headed downhill I extremely happy to have made the swap. Worth every penny and every bit of work invested.

red_5

Adventurer
Thought I'd update this with another "Official" weight of a fully loaded Compact. Rolled across truck scales at a state point of entry with full water tanks, all our gear, full 80l fridge, two full 10lb LP bottles, no gas cans.

2040lbs on the trailer axle + 175 on the hitch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior