Eezi Awn Trailer Tent

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
I have posted information on our web site about the new Globetrotter Trailer Tent by Eezi Awn http://www.adventuretrailers.com/rooftent.html

If you click on the thumbnail of the Trailer Tent an informational page will open up.

It's a very interesting and utilitarian design that allows for many set up combinations. The Trailer Tent can also be mounted on vehicles with roof racks not greater than 59".

The attached pictures "Star" Paul May, and were shot in South Africa. The trailer is a Jurgens.

The tents are in a container that is due in to Long Beach this week.

Attachments

• globetrotter.jpg
    globetrotter.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,629
  • gt1.jpg
    gt1.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 781
  • gt5.jpg
    gt5.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 678

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Any word on how complicated the setup is or how "strong" you have to be?
Just curious if this design will work better for those wanting a changing or privacy room but had trouble with previous designs.
Thanks for the info and I'm looking forward to seeing one and reading others impressions once they are here.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Any word on how complicated the setup is or how "strong" you have to be?
Just curious if this design will work better for those wanting a changing or privacy room but had trouble with previous designs.
Thanks for the info and I'm looking forward to seeing one and reading others impressions once they are here.

Lance

The issue with most trailer tents is that there is a lot of canvas to move around, and it's heavy, awkward, hard to deploy and pack.

This design allows you to deploy just the tent, easiest, and then add walls and deploy the awning. It is possible to leave the walls in place when you pack the tent away which increases convenience, but decreases easy of deployment.

I went through the whole design and thought process behind the tent with Jess, the owner of Eezi Awn, it’s well thought out and executed, with ease of use high on the priority list.

articulate

Expedition Leader
That looks brilliant.

It got me very excited for a moment until the folded dimensions. 63"x84" places it out of the question for use on a short bed pick up. My wife's dream of going back to a Jeep towing a trailer is more of a reality than my whacko notions.

Mayne

Explorer
My wife is going to kill me!!! I've been wanting a tent of this design on this continent every since I got my trailer! I love it.... no! I NEED IT!

Mayne

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Sorta looks like a modular one of these:

100_1244.jpg

100_0564.jpg

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Martyn you guys are killing me!! Where was this last year when we bought our Chaser? Anyway I absolutely love the design. A few questions though. Do you have the demensions of the mattress? We currently have an 1800 and it works well for the three of us. I'm concerned the actual bed won't be large enough for 2 adults and a child. Also I don't see any photos showing just the tent deployed with any type of closure sealing it off. Can it be zipped up or do you need to install the entire room to close it off? Does it mount using the same brackets we have on our trailer now? Is it necessary to use the two guy lines to keep the tent secure when open? The standing enclosure would be really nice for changing and placing a heater in it. I'm going to have to run this one by the wife! :drool:

Not speaking for EA or Martyn...well I guess I am :ylsmoke:...the description on the AT site states it is a 3" thick roughly the size of a queen size bed (dimensions per your request would still be nice huh?!).

It is nice to finally (I'm damn impatient...or wait: Is that Dan impatient?) see some innovation and departure from the "me too" designs for RTTs! Kudos to EA for listening to the many voices asking for the features integrated into this new offering!

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
x2

Several months ago I was looking for something like this to add shelter/functionality to my Chaser with its 1800 Eezi Awn. I wanted an easily deployed awning and stand-up privacy of some sort. This looks to be an answer ☺

While not great for current trailer owners to have to add almost 3k to their existing trailers, it's only a $1,000.00 upgrade for future owners to choose this tent over an 1800.

Nice. More Options = Better.

snip...

It is nice to finally (I'm damn impatient...or wait: Is that Dan impatient?) see some innovation and departure from the "me too" designs for RTTs! Kudos to EA for listening to the many voices asking for the features integrated into this new offering!

ckkone

Explorer
Nothing new or innovative, Hannibal has been making something like this for a long time...

tourer-open-2lrg.JPG

As well as ARB

ARBRooftoptent-Annexe.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior