Eezi Awn Trailer Tent

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Exactly. Maybe I am not the only person who would like to use the tent both on the trailer and on the vehicle? Surely it can't be such a silly idea for the factory to have different length walls as options?

It's not silly at all, it's just that the volume of people wanting this option is low. The other factor is the "drop" to the ground will change from vehicle to vehicle and from tire size to tire size.

Special ordered walls is not a big deal, they can either be shipped in the container with the bulk tent order or airfreighted.

I think adding a lower skirt to lengthen the walls may be a good option that can be done locally.

Casper

Adventurer
Hey Martyn,
Do you have any pics of this tent, on the Chaser, in its "closed" or "travel" position?

Casper
:smiley_drive:

wagner_joe

Adventurer
Martyn -

Will Horizon owners like me be able to still utilize the awning over the kitchen without problems?? Will the existing brackets be in the way of the tent deployed?? I likey.. Cash is still good right??

Martyn

Martyn -

Will Horizon owners like me be able to still utilize the awning over the kitchen without problems?? Will the existing brackets be in the way of the tent deployed?? I likey.. Cash is still good right??

Joe

The tent is 63" wide and the Horizon is 68"

If the awning brackets were pushed all the way to the outside it would still work.

Sorry no cash, Pomegranates, Guavas, and Star Fruit only. :chef:

Martyn

I have seen the pics of it deployed, I was looking for pics of it all folded and ready for travel. Wanted to get an idea of how much bigger it is then the overland tent I have when closed.

Thanks
Casper
:drool:

The only one I have right now is the top picture at http://www.adventuretrailers.com/12volt_solar.html

It's not the best, I'll have more tomorrow.

Size wise the globetrotter is 63" wide vs the 48" on the tent you have right now. The Globetrotter is 1" narrower than the Chaser. I think it's a good fit.

red_5

Adventurer
I'm following this with a good bit of interest as we're getting geared up to buy a trailer in the next couple of months.

This set-up looks pretty good to me. Enough sleeping room for me, wife and Jr. upstairs and our four legged family member downstairs.

I'm curious about the storage/kitchen access if this were mounted on a Horizon trailer as well. from the pics, it looks like there might be a panel on the inside 'wall' that would allow access. Would that be correct?

I never knew how much I didn't know... I've learned quite a bit while doing my homework on trailer/tent options. There are quite a lot of important things to consider when planning out a rig/trailer build.

Last edited:

Casper

Adventurer
Jim,
This would be a perfect set-up for you, wife and Jr.

As far as storage and kitchen access, no problems there. The kitchen is located on the other side of the trailer, and storge is accessed from the other side as well, or from the back of the trailer.

Casper
:victory:

P.S. Has Jr arrived yet???:wings:

red_5

Adventurer
The little bugger has decided to be fashionably late making the grand entrance(exit?).... so. it's hurry up and wait. LOL

:av-7:

red_5

Adventurer
Holy smokes! I can't believe it's been a month since I've visited here but I guess time flies when you're having fun being a new dad... :victory:

The (not so, 11lbs 1oz :Wow1:) little fella decided to make a somewhat dramatic entrance resulting in some down-time for Momma but we're all doing great at this point and getting settled in to our new life.

I'm already looking forward to our first :camping:

Martyn

We are about to place orders for the next batch of Globetrotter Trailer tents. The last shipment went almost as fast as we could un-box them.

The order will be shipped at the end of April for arrival here in the US of mid June.

If you want one of these tents let me know via e mail so I can place you on the waiting list.

red_5

Adventurer
Thanks Martyn, the slow, creaky wheels are in motion.

We've decided that the AT Horizon trailer is it. The tent is really the big decision at this point, setup-wise.

What's the largest Eezi-Awn tent that will comfortably mount up on a Horizon trailer and still have use of the optional retractable awning over the kitchen?

I'm weighing out mattress space, shade (I'm real fond of both) and possibly a DIY 'front porch/dog house' lower room vs the Globetrotter's built-in room.

Once we wrap up our 'birthing relationship' with the hospital, we're looking forward to elevating our Walter Mitty forum-jockey relationship with AT and our new Horizon trailer to something more tangible...

:1888fbbd:

Jim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior