Eezi Awn Trailer Tent

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Three pictures of the Globetrotter Trailer tent mounted on a Chaser.

globe3.jpg

globe2.jpg

globe1.jpg

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Yep, if I didn't already have an 1800 this is the set-up I would buy!

Martyn, are the swing-aways on the rear for a spare tire? Retrofittable? Anything else to share?

:cool:

Was hoping to see one of those on a AT soon. Looks like a very optimal setup!

Martyn

Yep, if I didn't already have an 1800 this is the set-up I would buy!

Martyn, are the swing-aways on the rear for a spare tire? Retrofittable? Anything else to share?

The swing away is retrofittable, we need to work on it a little more to get the design and price equation to equal out.

You will be the first to know when we are ready to bring it to market.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
How does the room/sleep surface area compare to the Family Tent?
63"x83" ---- not nearly as large a bed but a very convenient way of having the changing room.

I'd say the Globetrotter is the best comprehensive trailer-top tent for a couple with a dog. Large enough bed, a very quick basecamp, and that changing room can't be overlooked for privacy.

Martyn

How does the room/sleep surface area compare to the Family Tent?

The Globetrotter has a queen size bed up on the top of the trailer. Your head-toe lay in the same direction as the length of the trailer.

The room off the tent is 83" long and 63" wide, so it's an identical foot print to the bed.

The ladder comes down inside the room, but it isn't fixed to the bed, or supporting it, so it can be moved. So the kids could sleep in the ground room.

The room does not have a built it ground sheet.

FotoValpen

Adventurer
I have been interested in the T-top style for quite awhile now. But I do agree that the Globetrotter possibilites are very nice too! Is it maybe possible for Eezi-Awn to make 2 different lengths of both models?

Here's my situation:

valp_sidan.jpg

From the ground to the platform area of my Front Runner rack I have approximately 220cm (87").

I currently have two stretchers that I can suspend on the inside of my Volvo Laplander. They are really quite comfortable to sleep on believe it or not. I am at the same time looking into building a PTO driven expedition trailer in which I would have a trailer tent. http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23852&highlight=PTO

Now if I am out on a trip where I don't have the trailer with me then I could have the tent and correct length skirt on top of the truck. Then if I am on a trip with the trailer then I could of course have the tent and correct length skirt on the trailer.

Possible?

It would be great to find a solution as I use the inside of the truck as a portable darkroom when I am out in the nature with my 12x20" large format camera. It's no fun having to break down the stretchers every time I need to load film....

Martyn

I have been interested in the T-top style for quite awhile now. But I do agree that the Globetrotter possibilites are very nice too! Is it maybe possible for Eezi-Awn to make 2 different lengths of both models?

Here's my situation:

valp_sidan.jpg

From the ground to the platform area of my Front Runner rack I have approximately 220cm (87").

I currently have two stretchers that I can suspend on the inside of my Volvo Laplander. They are really quite comfortable to sleep on believe it or not. I am at the same time looking into building a PTO driven expedition trailer in which I would have a trailer tent. http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23852&highlight=PTO

Now if I am out on a trip where I don't have the trailer with me then I could have the tent and correct length skirt on top of the truck. Then if I am on a trip with the trailer then I could of course have the tent and correct length skirt on the trailer.

Possible?

It would be great to find a solution as I use the inside of the truck as a portable darkroom when I am out in the nature with my 12x20" large format camera. It's no fun having to break down the stretchers every time I need to load film....

You would either have to extend the length of the walls, or have customs walls made at the factory.

Martyn

Are you bringing this to the Expo?

We will have a Globetrotter at Overland Expo, along with the Clamshell Composite Trailer and a New Concept Trailer. Don't even ask about the concept trailer, you'll have to be there to see it and learn more.

FotoValpen

Adventurer
You would either have to extend the length of the walls, or have customs walls made at the factory.

Exactly. Maybe I am not the only person who would like to use the tent both on the trailer and on the vehicle? Surely it can't be such a silly idea for the factory to have different length walls as options?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior