Eezi Awn Trailer Tent

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Thanks Martyn, the slow, creaky wheels are in motion.

We've decided that the AT Horizon trailer is it. The tent is really the big decision at this point, setup-wise.

What's the largest Eezi-Awn tent that will comfortably mount up on a Horizon trailer and still have use of the optional retractable awning over the kitchen?

I'm weighing out mattress space, shade (I'm real fond of both) and possibly a DIY 'front porch/dog house' lower room vs the Globetrotter's built-in room.

Once we wrap up our 'birthing relationship' with the hospital, we're looking forward to elevating our Walter Mitty forum-jockey relationship with AT and our new Horizon trailer to something more tangible...

:1888fbbd:

Jim

The Horizon will take an 1800 Eezi Awn, the width of a king size bed, with no modifications. If we build an aluminum channel sub frame you can put on a Family Tent, the Eezi Awn 2200 . The sub frame is an additional $250.00

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Had the chance to get the grand tour of the new Globetrotter courtesty of Paul M. on a recent SR Swell trip... absolutely a rockin' tent setup. Its footprint is large, but if it can be incorporated into a trailer build or purchase (such as it can with the AT setup) it makes a great setup. :cool:

Powdaze

Observer
Martyn,

Did you eventually get the chance to actually time the set up of this tent from the closed stored position? If not, even just an educated estimate would be great. 5 mins, 15 mins, 30 mins, 3 hours?

Cheers mate!

Martyn

Martyn,

Did you eventually get the chance to actually time the set up of this tent from the closed stored position? If not, even just an educated estimate would be great. 5 mins, 15 mins, 30 mins, 3 hours?

Cheers mate!

From start to finish, removing the cover, opening the tent, adding the 4 walls, and floor, deploying the awning, and staking it out, 20 mins. start to finish roughly.

Powdaze

Observer
From start to finish, removing the cover, opening the tent, adding the 4 walls, and floor, deploying the awning, and staking it out, 20 mins. start to finish roughly.

Thanks. Just trying to figure out what tent to go with on the trailer. The wife and I decided on the Horizon...

...that was until I saw the recent posts about this new folding trailer you have coming out shortly that everyone is raving about. So I guess I have to wait now??

red_5

Adventurer
Thanks for the info Martyn.

I think we're going for the family size tent and figure out what we really need for a ground floor (if anything) when we get the trailer.

Jim

Powdaze

Observer

I think we're going for the family size tent and figure out what we really need for a ground floor (if anything) when we get the trailer.

Jim

red -

This is also at the top of the list for us too (and I will be buying this tent sight unseen). We have our 1st baby on the way and 2 pampered pugs that will I'm sure take up half the sleeping area, so the extra size of the family tent is very appealing. The setup seems extremely simple too which is a big factor for us.

Martyn -

Sorry for all the questions but I have another quick one for you. If the Globetrotter setup stands around the 20 min mark what am I looking at roughly for the Eezi-Awn family tent?

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
You guys are running up on the same problem I had. I really wanted to use the Globetrotter, but there's just not enough room for a family. Then you look at Family tents, and remember they are not designed to be mounted at 59" height, so the ground room doesn't really work. And around it goes.

Martyn

red -

This is also at the top of the list for us too (and I will be buying this tent sight unseen). We have our 1st baby on the way and 2 pampered pugs that will I'm sure take up half the sleeping area, so the extra size of the family tent is very appealing. The setup seems extremely simple too which is a big factor for us.

Martyn -

Sorry for all the questions but I have another quick one for you. If the Globetrotter setup stands around the 20 min mark what am I looking at roughly for the Eezi-Awn family tent?

The family tent is 5-10 minutes. The issue is it has two ladders and is easier to deploy with two people, one per ladder. I have seen individuals do it was seeming ease,but I would think it takes a little time to master.

Bergger

Explorer

Jim

It's me, my wife and my 11 yoa daughter and we went with the 1800 tent. It's plenty big for us but if you have more than 3 I'd go with the family tent. We ended up using our Ez-Up Awning with a bug screen for your ground level room. It really works out perfect. It gives us a 10x10 area to use in poor weather. I opted for no gas cans on our Chaser, they go on the truck, and the Ez-Up fits perfectly in that spot for travel. I also like the fact that we can set it up away from the trailer or right up against it if we like. We usually set it up a few feet away from the Chaser as in the first picture.

002 - Copy.JPG

004.JPG

red_5

Adventurer
Thanks for the point of reference on the tent. Our four-legged overseer likes to sleep with her people, so that'd make for a total of 2 adults, our son and one Queensland Heeler at sleep time.

I hadn't thought of an Ez-Up. That's a great idea.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior