hot water heater

Rezarf <><

Explorer
Very cool stuff, thanks for the thread!

Anything you would change? Which bulkhead mount did you purchase?

Thanks!

Drew

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Just got through reading all of these threads since I plan on adding my water tank & possibly a heater. I'm still not sure what I want to do!

dd113

Observer
this is a great thread; can someone educate me a bit on how the fittings work....I would want a pump running to a spray head with an on/off switch either built in or I can attatch it.

I guess this is not the hot shower application!

I use what we called int he Army an Aussie shower. It is about a 3 gal canvas bucket with an open top and a hanging strap on top. On the bottom is a shower head that rotates to open flow. Never seen one FS and looked all over for it on the web. I will find a PIC eventually

CAPTAIN COORS

Adventurer
dd113

the bulkhead fitting has a female 1" npt thread to match the heating element thread, cut a 1.75" hole in the tank, place the fitting through the hole, is held in place with supplied nut, of course you have to get your hand inside the tank, if all goes well it will not leak! the wash board (see pic) is mounted on the roof top frame, this was a simple solution for me, for a more elaborate setup see scott's thread

Grouseman

Adventurer
Hot water

Check with C.Coors, he has THE setup. I'm going to do one like his in the very near future.

Grouseman

CAPTAIN COORS

Adventurer
yes the heating element is still working, no problems, had the temp up to 103 (20 gallons) this is really the only way to go, cheap, simple and it works!

Grouseman

Adventurer
water

BM,

I'm thinking the 12 volt hot water heater is THE system for showers, cleaning, etc. Then buy the bottled water by the case, packs easily. That is my present plan.:wings:

Grouseman

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Boston Mangler said:
No, that is exactly what i am trying to avoid!

I want one tank to deal with for both uses.

I have a 15 gal tank on my trailer. I have found that it's difficult to keep it clean enough for perfect drinking water. I know is clean but it still has a taste to it that I don't like. I now primarily use the tank water for washing/cleaning and I carry good drinking water in an Igloo water cooler and two Scepter water cans.

I do chlorinate the tank and flush it out before trips so I can drink the water if needed, I have just found the Scepters and my Igloo cooler to provide better tasting drinking water.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Tucson T4R said:
I have a 15 gal tank on my trailer. I have found that it's difficult to keep it clean enough for perfect drinking water. I know is clean but it still has a taste to it that I don't like. I now primarily use the tank water for washing/cleaning and I carry good drinking water in an Igloo water cooler and two Scepter water cans.

I do chlorinate the tank and flush it out before trips so I can drink the water if needed, I have just found the Scepters and my Igloo cooler to provide better tasting drinking water.

Copy that! Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior