I joined the Cult

teotwaki

Excelsior!
On another forum I found four really clean rims just like on my 4Runner. I'll pick them up tomorrow. They even have the TPMS sensors

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I looked at the prices for new tires and cringed. So I went back to Craigslist figuring some young guy would have some pull offs for a good price. I found some BFG Rugged Trail TA 265/75/16 with great tread and sidewalls for $40 each. Tomorrow I'll run the rims and tires by a shop to get them mounted and also pick up some 6 bolt drums for the axles. I just need to wait for the Spidertrax spacers to show up.

All this has got me wondering if Adventure Trailer's spare tire swing away mount might fit.... :sombrero:

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Man...you're just scoring right and left.

Came together nicely...anxious to see the "new" look,,bet it's gonna be awesome..!:smiley_drive:

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Man...you're just scoring right and left.

Came together nicely...anxious to see the "new" look,,bet it's gonna be awesome..!:smiley_drive:

Thanks! I appreciate everyone's advice. It helped me to to figure out the whole wheel/drum/spacer mystery :elkgrin:

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Three tires and rims ready to roll; two for the wheels and one full spare for that Adventure Trailer company swing away tire rack I'd like to have :ylsmoke:

The light makes the rims look almost perfect although they do have minor scuffs (but for $50 each I don't care!). The tires cost me $40 each and balancing was $32

I picked up the new 6 x 5.5" brake drums today and am waiting on the Spidertrax spacers to arrive.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Sweet trailer! I might be interested in those tires.... What size are they?

Sent you a PM but no response..... :confused:

Rims are American Eagle type 140 in a 17" x 8" size with a 5 lug by 5" pattern and 4.517" Backspace and +2 mm offset.
Tires are Hercules M/T 35 x 12.5 x R17 "Trail Digger"

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Sorry, been traveling and soul searching (long story), but suffice to say I've been distracted from my play world (ExPo) by far too many real world issues lately.

I am interested in the tires. Those are the size I need. I already have replacement Rubicon rims that match my Jeep. So just the tires if you're willing to part them out as such.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Sorry, been traveling and soul searching (long story), but suffice to say I've been distracted from my play world (ExPo) by far too many real world issues lately.

I am interested in the tires. Those are the size I need. I already have replacement Rubicon rims that match my Jeep. So just the tires if you're willing to part them out as such.

:Wow1: This ain't the real world?? :bike_rider: Dang! And I've been having so much fun lately!

If they don't sell as a set first I'd be glad to see about seperating them

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I just received 14 OEM shank style lugnuts tonight! I just need my Spidertrax spacers and I can get to work.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Just checked UPS and the spacers are almost here :victory:

ANAHEIM, CA, US 08/20/2010 6:06 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
ANAHEIM, CA, US 08/20/2010 12:28 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
HODGKINS, IL, US 08/17/2010 7:06 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
HODGKINS, IL, US 08/16/2010 9:29 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
PERU, IL, US - - - -08/16/2010 7:54 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
PERU, IL, US - - - -08/16/2010 7:10 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

teotwaki

Excelsior!
FedEx just dropped off the new Guest battery charger that I ordered.
1903467.jpg

It will be to keep the batteries topped off once I can garage the trailer

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Everything came in and the new drums, bearings, seals, Spidertrax spacers and tires are now on. Pix tomorrow. Will work on the brake controller next.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
When you get the trailer all done (are they ever done?).. bring it by the shop Jim.. i'd like to see it. We can possibly do lunch or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears