I'm BACK!!! 2023 F-250 Tremor build

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Hated to do it but it was a necessary add. BakFlip MX4. I'll come to appreciate it during hunting season.

XvbGrOG.jpg
Why did you hate to do it? I'm pretty happy with mine.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Why did you hate to do it? I'm pretty happy with mine.

I'd much rather have a Project M or SmartCap. This was a compromise with myself seeing how I needed to secure my cargo but also still need the ability to carry the bike in the bed without a major hassle to remove the cover. The MX4 can stay on and still make room for the bike or it is easily removed and reinstalled solo if I want all of the space available.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I'd much rather have a Project M or SmartCap. This was a compromise with myself seeing how I needed to secure my cargo but also still need the ability to carry the bike in the bed without a major hassle to remove the cover. The MX4 can stay on and still make room for the bike or it is easily removed and reinstalled solo if I want all of the space available.
Gotcha. Yes, I get that. I was wanting a cap for my truck but for what I use it for it would be a pain. I'm constantly getting into the box to load / unload stuff.
Hunching over to walk to the front of the box to grab stuff would suck. As would the constant mocking I'd get from the wife for having an 'old man' truck...:rolleyes:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Gotta get you one of those Bed Buddi sticks aka old man bed grabber doo hickey.
I don't think that would help me load / unload firewood.

EDIT: Damn it. I just googled what that was and it basically performs the same function as the telescopic snow rake I keep in the box....
When not clearing snow with it I use it to pull crap from the front of the box all the time....

52-telescopic-garant-scratch-free-snow-brush-1e9cf1ad-f093-46e6-bec7-aac62daa52ea-jpgrendition.jpg

old-man-waving-8i8on1cyhi9wela0.gif

Last edited:

Bigc3031

I loved the utility of my bakflip but have had 2 get saturated with moisture in the past. The second was so heavy the dealer had to use a forklift to take it off the truck. The last one was around 2011 so perhaps they’ve fixed the glitch. I have a leer on my current build until my ATO cap comes in to secure my tools and its seal has already been damaged.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I loved the utility of my bakflip but have had 2 get saturated with moisture in the past. The second was so heavy the dealer had to use a forklift to take it off the truck. The last one was around 2011 so perhaps they’ve fixed the glitch. I have a leer on my current build until my ATO cap comes in to secure my tools and its seal has already been damaged.

This is my first one in many years. Back in 2011-12 the G2 was the cheap model and the F1 was the cats meow version, I had both on different trucks with no issues. So far it has been a welcome addition and has already come in handy on a few occasions. If I can convince myself to get a custom frame built for the camper that will hold the 500 on the tongue then I will no longer have the need to put the bikes in the bed when towing the camper and I can move to a SmartCap like I'd prefer.

Kingsize24

This is my first one in many years. Back in 2011-12 the G2 was the cheap model and the F1 was the cats meow version, I had both on different trucks with no issues. So far it has been a welcome addition and has already come in handy on a few occasions. If I can convince myself to get a custom frame built for the camper that will hold the 500 on the tongue then I will no longer have the need to put the bikes in the bed when towing the camper and I can move to a SmartCap like I'd prefer.

do-it-get-it-over-with.gif

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Huh. That's a pretty interesting solution to carrying a bike while camping.
I didn't think a trailer tongue could carry that much weight or would be long enough.
What kind of trailer?

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I removed the side stripes and tree decals. I had planned to remove the front massive decal as well but it's tedious work and I ran out of drive to get it done today lol. The wife wants me to keep 'Casita' on the sides for a while to see if she likes it before I commit to removing them as well and going to a completely decal free, clean side camper like the one below.

NymJ6kX.jpg

EX41Ijw.jpg

PbzpBD0.jpg

My camping crap taking scenario has been massively upgraded and I can wash the filth out of my soul in the shower after a long day as well.

RcaDhM1.jpg

Mgi46A2.jpg

She fits in the boat storage along with my motorcycle trailer but not by much on the length end of things. I am just happy to have it out of the weather and sun.

UNAdS6O.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior