I'm BACK!!! 2023 F-250 Tremor build

Tex68w

Beach Bum
40's? :p

Curious, what made you go the custom frame route on the Casita vs buying a toy hauler to carry the bike?

Or what about carrying your bike on the front of your truck?
View attachment 821660

I absolutely hate the idea of the bike on the front of these newer trucks with 360 cameras, cross traffic alert, dynamic cruise, etc., it would be a sensor overload or it would mean that I'd continually have to turn off and/or bypass those systems. Secondly I don't want a front hitch, just a personal preference, I know it works quite well for some. Lastly, if you know me, you know I can't leave well enough alone and that includes this trailer lol. There's an up fitter in the area that specializes in modifying the Casita trailer in particular so it makes it convenient should I proceed.

I wish that 37's would fit but the trailer would be so tall and unstable it wouldn't be funny. The up fitter said he has ideas for 35's and maybe even 37's but it would require custom extended fender flares to contain the tires on the full width axle as they would have to be entirely outside of the wheel well and that sounds horrible. He can set it up with up to a 33" tall tire but I'll likely go with a 31-32" tall tire either of which is much larger than the 27" chicom turds it comes with.

We tried the 5th wheel toy hauler in the past, they are absolute junk like most mass produced RV's, cheaply built staple and screw jobs not to mention they are massive and weigh a ton. The Casita is a fiberglass trailer, no leaks, no hardware or wooden cabinets and furniture to rattle loose going down the road, just a much better form of construction especially for a boon docking style trailer that will see dirt/gravel roads. They hold their value extremely well and I like that they are a well known brand in the FGRV world that has been around for 40+ years. They are made entirely here in Texas with a dealer direct purchase as the only way to buy a new one.

Last edited:

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Front decal removed, I prefer this much cleaner look.

VoC4SlG.jpg

I snapped a few pics of the interior with the power on for a better view, still so much to setup and figure out. The latest update to the interior on these trailers is a massive improvement over previous years IMHO. I plan to get the windows tinted here soon as well, both for privacy at night and for thermal reasons.

a5aMxxW.jpg

Z1QZU4g.jpg

1pCmSzx.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
They look kinda neat all farkled up....

View attachment 822190

Yea I won't add much more to mine should I keep it for the long haul. Initially I said I'd give it a year and then reevaluate it's place and that has come and gone and I am still not ready to make a decision. So for now it'll continue to see use around town, at scooter rallies and rides and I have an over night mini moto ADV ride planned for it as well.

Even though the large rear rack is one of it's best attributes for its ability to carry large items, I feel like from a form standpoint and in order to have a slimmer and more comfortable rear seat, it makes sense for me to move to the narrower rear rack with the optional seat pad. It's something I have been kicking around for a while now but I am not in a hurry to spend the $200 to go to a sleeker rack lol.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I had a Katy's Closet with light installed in the Casita along with their bathroom storage shelf. Small adds but huge improvements in terms of storage and organization. Next up, lift and larger tires.

WSpMhBD.jpg

T20lyCr.jpg

4qpjOjX.jpg
Huh... I wonder if the trailer would looked good wrapped to match the truck.... Match the wheels to the truck...

Maybe do the graphics in white to break up the blue...

Hmmm....

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I had a Katy's Closet with light installed in the Casita along with their bathroom storage shelf. Small adds but huge improvements in terms of storage and organization. Next up, lift and larger tires.
4qpjOjX.jpg
IMG_3030.jpeg
I wish I could find a Casita listed for sale around here in MN. Maybe one with the twin beds. Until then our Scamp will do. We’ve got the deluxe with the solid wood cabinets. It’s way better than the Forest River crap I work on every day.

The scamp came with tiny tires. Even going to the 205/75 14 was a big improvement.IMG_7813.jpeg

Last edited:

Tex68w

Beach Bum
View attachment 822791
I wish I could find a Casita listed for sale around here in MN. Maybe one with the twin beds. Until then our Scamp will do. We’ve got the deluxe with the solid wood cabinets. It’s way better than the Forest River crap I work on every day.

The scamp came with tiny tires. Even going to the 205/75 14 was a big improvement.View attachment 822792

Scamp is a great trailer as well and they are getting better for 2024, more directly comparable to the Casita IMHO. The screw and staple stick job trailers are mostly junk and that's why I was only interested in a FGRV. It might be difficult for you to find a Casita up there in the heart of Scamp land as I am sure most would find that sacrilegious lol. That said, when we picked ours up I walked the delivery lot and looked at the order tags and I saw two that were to be delivered to buyers in MN so it does happen.

The twin single bed models seem to be popular with those that have an issue with crawling over their partner occasionally in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. That would be weird for us, too Dikc Van Dyke 50's style for our taste but I might change my mind on that as I age and need the restroom more often in the middle of the night. I am hoping that the Casita will be all that I ever need or desire in a camper, because as much as I'd love to have an Oliver I am not sure I am ready to invest that much into a trailer anytime soon haha.

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Scamp is a great trailer as well and they are getting better for 2024, more directly comparable to the Casita IMHO. The screw and staple stick job trailers are mostly junk and that's why I was only interested in a FGRV. It might be difficult for you to find a Casita up there in the heart of Scamp land as I am sure most would find that sacrilegious lol. That said, when we picked ours up I walked the delivery lot and looked at the order tags and I saw two that were to be delivered to buyers in MN so it does happen.

The twin single bed models seem to be popular with those that have an issue with crawling over their partner occasionally in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. That would be weird for us, too ******** Van Dyke 50's style for our taste but I might change my mind on that as I age and need the restroom more often in the middle of the night. I am hoping that the Casita will be all that I ever need or desire in a camper, as much as I'd love to have an Oliver I am not sure I am ready to invest that much into a trailer anytime soon haha.
Who Van Dyke?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior