k4XvnSt.jpg

s8OOvlY.jpg

fG818qe.jpg

MwCQpZp.jpg

QgWtTyg.jpg

vC2avdy.jpg

9I6FvCG.jpg

w8Vkxv8.jpg
Looks about how our weekend is going to go. I’m heading out to our annual guys weekend this afternoon. We’ve got a built range from 300 to a little over a mile overlooking the Brazos River, 100-700 yds from the front porch, and 12K acres to roam around on and do some good old fashioned swine slaying. We’ve been doing this trip for the better part of a decade now. I typically crash in the bunkhouse, but going to spend it in my camper this year just for the heck of it lol

Kingsize24

Looks about how our weekend is going to go. I’m heading out to our annual guys weekend this afternoon. We’ve got a built range from 300 to a little over a mile overlooking the Brazos River, 100-700 yds from the front porch, and 12K acres to roam around on and do some good old fashioned swine slaying. We’ve been doing this trip for the better part of a decade now. I typically crash in the bunkhouse, but going to spend it in my camper this year just for the heck of it lol

Sounds like a hell of a time!

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Man 40's look good on these trucks..... Kind of digging the dog dish caps too. Although, I think it would be better if the wheels were painted to match the body.

It would look pretty slick on say... an Antimatter blue truck....

View attachment 832352

Saw that on IG, unique throw back look of sorts but I am very content with my current wheel setup. I will likely consider moving to a 38" tire when the current 37's wear out.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I installed the Gate King tailgate adjusters today. I hope they allow me to have two dirt bikes in the bed with the tailgate locked out most of the way up and still clear the electric tongue jack on my camper, I'll find out Tuesday lol. You do have to remove the bottle opener brackets on the side of the tailgate in order for the arms to clear but other than that they went on pretty easily.

Q1HVhAL.jpg

ZyvHDpB.jpg

Uv3hpdd.jpg

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I installed the Gate King tailgate adjusters today. I hope they allow me to have two dirt bikes in the bed with the tailgate locked out most of the way up and still clear the electric tongue jack on my camper, I'll find out Tuesday lol. You do have to remove the bottle opener brackets on the side of the tailgate in order for the arms to clear but other than that they went on pretty easily.

Q1HVhAL.jpg

ZyvHDpB.jpg

Uv3hpdd.jpg
Hope it works for you. Still trying to figure out logistics of being able to bring my bike camping. I think it would fit diagonally in the box.
But, it would take up the whole box which we use to haul gear. Frame mounted hitch carrier maybe if I could find one rated for 500lbs. But then between the bike and carrier I'm hanging 600 lbs off the back of a 30' trailer.... 😕 Maybe I need a1 ton crew cab long bed, lol

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Hope it works for you. Still trying to figure out logistics of being able to bring my bike camping. I think it would fit diagonally in the box.
But, it would take up the whole box which we use to haul gear. Frame mounted hitch carrier maybe if I could find one rated for 500lbs. But then between the bike and carrier I'm hanging 600 lbs off the back of a 30' trailer.... 😕 Maybe I need a1 ton crew cab long bed, lol

This is what you seek should you go for the hitch mounted option. I had their MX carrier for a few years, there's simply nothing better on the market. It still doesn't change the fact that you'll have a crap ton of weight hanging off the back and the hitch on your camper must be able to handle that as well. I know the rear hitch they make for our Casita can't handle anymore than 200lbs.

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
This is what you seek should you go for the hitch mounted option. I had their MX carrier for a few years, there's simply nothing better on the market. It still doesn't change the fact that you'll have a crap ton of weigh hanging off the back and the hitch on your camper must be able to handle that as well. I know the rear hitch they make for our Casita can't handle anymore than 200lbs.

Thank you for the link.

I'd have to have something mounted to the frame of the trailer if I went this route. Just don't like the idea of 600 lbs hanging off the back of a trailer that long.

Guessing it could cause sway.

Easiest solution would be to have a receiver installed on our bronco and either a hitch carrier or trailer. But having to drive two vehicles is a PITA, too..

Anyway, I'll stop clogging up your thread, lol

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Thank you for the link.

I'd have to have something mounted to the frame of the trailer if I went this route. Just don't like the idea of 600 lbs hanging off the back of a trailer that long.

Guessing it could cause sway.

Easiest solution would be to have a receiver installed on our bronco and either a hitch carrier or trailer. But having to drive two vehicles is a PITA, too..

Anyway, I'll stop clogging up your thread, lol

Yes, that kind of weight that far back could easily induce trailer sway. You might want to consider a front hitch as well, it's not my favorite option but many do it.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I installed the Platinum trim side console leather trim pieces. The bronze thread when dyed with the Graphite Rit Dye turned out a little darker than the grey stitching of the Lariat trim but it works because it's damn near the same color as the leather itself. No more squeaking when my knee rests against the console now! It's always nice to be able to ditch some plastic and this certainly helps to dress up the interior some as well.

Y41MGHb.jpg

uWblDUJ.jpg

ycjKvru.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears