My Ridiculous Vehicular A.D.D. Thread... With Pics!

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
In the past 5 years, I am semi-ashamed to admit I have owned 10 different rigs... I will as my time permits over the next few days post pics and descriptions in effort to cleanse my soul...

1st rig was a 2005 Jeep Rubicon. 4.0 6 speed with 4" lift, 285 75 R16 BFG MTs and 8000lb winch. It was a replacement for my Ducati, and was sold in favor of an 05 Dodge 3500 which I needed for work.

I guess pics will follow as the expo "database" won't let me upload right now:(

Last edited:

02TahoeMD

Explorer
I guess pics will follow as the expo "database" won't let me upload right now:(

Upload to Photobucket and then just do IMG linking using the photo symbol in the message menu. Photobucket is free and you dont have to worry about the Expo Portal being unable to host your photo.

Now, get that A.D.D. out of your system!

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I am now using colorful language. I opened a stupid photobucket account, uploaded a bunch of stupid (but cool) photos to it, and now the stupid links won't work... Man I feel stupid. I will try to upload as I have done hundreds of times again tomorrow. Grrrrrrrr!

lstzephyr

wanderer
Click on the img code link in photobucket. Right click it and copy it. Then paste it into your link and it will work peachy. For instance

The link to my pic is http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x183/lstzephyr/R1-08226-0005.jpg

So if you add
to the ends you get

R1-08226-0005.jpg

Alternately you can copy the source code "http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x183/lstzephyr/R1-08226-0005.jpg" and click on the little yellow mountain icon in reply and then paste the link and it will work as well.

I hope that helps, feel free to pm me if you need more help. Now everyone will read this thread, see my random macro picture of my ipod and waterbottle and think "what!? thats not a truck"

Last edited:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
If this works, you will be looking at a pic of my 2005 Dodge 3500 that we drove 25,000 miles in 6 months. Went to southern Mexico and back with a pop-up camper on it. 5.9 Cummins, Revtek leveler and 35" ******** Cepek FC IIs. Sold to buy the house in the background... Still miss this one...

DSC_0067.jpg
[/IMG]

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
This was the replacement for the Dodge. It was an 89 Hilux with a custom suspension, 22re with cam, header etc. 5.29 gears 35" X-Terrains etc etc. Lots of fun, but like the Jeep, a bit small for a contractor!

DSC_0080.jpg
[/IMG]

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
As tends to happen, I needed more cash to work on the house... Bye-bye Toyota... Hello $900 '89 Suburban V1500. Bought this one from a friend who had recently put in a 4" lift, 35" BFG ATs and new 700R4. It was an ex forestry rig, but drove great. Went to Moab etc a few times. I cut out all the rust and welded in new panels, painted it "Whistler Municipality" green (Thanks for the free paint guys!), and then upgraded when cash came back along... Too bad I didn't get a pic when it was done.

DSC_0008.jpg
[/IMG]

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
And with cash, comes... An 03 Tundra with 6" RCD suspension, onboard air, motor mods, front and rear ARB lockers and 35" Mickey Thompson MTZs. This one did a looong road trip through BC, Wa, Id, Mt, Wy, Ut, Az, Nv, Ca, Or, Wa again and home. Lots of fun except when we lost a wheel going through the redwoods on the way from Ukiah to Fort Bragg Ca. Lucky nobody was killed. After being "rescued" by a local "grower", we spent a fun week in Fort Bragg waiting for parts. This $2000 repair was the third and final failure/ stranding by the Tundra... All thanks to an inept Toyota dealer in Burnaby BC. Too much for the wifey to handle. She wouldn't drive in it any more...:(

DSC_0003.jpg
[/IMG]

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
And then we were down to the faithful Taco... Wifes ride since day one. We put a Revtek kit and 285 BFG MTs on this one to go with the full load of options including e-locker. Put 200,000 on the clock, and sold it when we left for a year long road trip. Kinda wish we kept it, but we got the best years out of it...

DSC_0005.jpg
[/IMG]

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
In the dark days after the Tundra went away, I had a short spell of lunacy, and built an autocross / sleeper car. Living on an incredibly windy highway I thought it would be fun to have a fast car. After buying the "teacher mobile", a 1990 Volvo 745 TI, I took a trip to IPD/Rallytech in Portland, got some lowering springs, Billsteins and went to town on the little wagon. Turn up the boost, add nice rubber and rims and voila! Instant fun that no self respecting cop would bat an eye at. Too bad it wasn't a truck:elkgrin:

DSCN0126.jpg
[/IMG]

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Enter the big trip rig! A 1992 F350 with rebuilt E4OD and a ton of go fast (er) parts. I put in a Sky Offroad shackle reversal, some new 315 Extreme ATs and shocks. I flew to Oakland and bought this beauty based on a few pics and a phone call or two. What an awesome rig! We pulled our toy hauler pop-up around the southwest and Mexico for just shy of a year with this. I didn't have to replace any thing during the whole trip! After pouring about 1/3 of OPECs production for 2009 into its 460 during that trip, I set my sights on a 12 valve Cummins truck, soooo, adios amigo!

DSC_0131.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
F350 gone, I started looking around for a 12v. After missing a couple of good ones, and a few weeks of driving my neighbors 1969 Chevy orchard truck with ear plugs and a respirator on, I bought this 94 Dodge with 318 and NV4500 as a temporary measure while shopping for the diesel.

IMG_0322.jpg
[/IMG]

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Here is the 12 valve I ended up with! A 1994 2500 SLT with built auto, transfer case and Dana 70. It was a friends truck, but he was having his first kid, so needed to find a clubcab 12v. This thing has almost 300,000 on it and still runs like a dream. Fuel plate mod, BHAF and some pump and tranny tuning now have been done. Pulls like a locomotive!

IMG_0359.jpg
[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior