My Ridiculous Vehicular A.D.D. Thread... With Pics!

2 years of legal driving and owned 4 cars:
-Toyota Supra Turbo drift build
-Subaru Legacy GT-B
-BMW 525i
-Chevy Blazer, that's now my money pit...

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Wow... I can't imagine the money you earn to be able to do this...

I have always been good at that age old rule... buy low, sell high! I seem to be able to find the rig that needs just a little bit of work or a couple of parts to finish, and is not selling for those reasons. Buy it cheap, add parts, enjoy for a while, then sell for a profit when the need/want changes.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
News Flash! 2000 Dodge is sold!

I was cruisen craigslist etc the other night and found something interesting. Listed the Dodge on a whim (at $1500 more than I paid)... Sold in two days for asking price!

Stay tuned for further updates!

ExpoMike

Yes, it's a desease!!! So far I have owned 42 cars/trucks (currently 7 in the fleet) 15 cycles/ATV's and 3 trailers. That's in 26 years of driving.

Biggest year was 6 or 7 back when I started the year with 3 cars and ended with 4, none of which were the first 3.

evilram

Man, I've owned my Dodge for going on 12 years. I even sold it once and bought it back. Although I'm super ADD about my other cars, I try to stay faithful to my wheeling vehicles

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
If it was a 12 valve quadcab with a stick, it would still be around... I am in search of perfection I guess. Too many trucks, so little time... :smiley_drive:

Engeek

Took me some time to find my Grail Truck in BC, but now consider myself to be a semipro sleuth. I have not been cruising the web deals for a while now so I think I am back down to amateur status. I, like you, cannot pass up a great deal and there is money to be had for the knowledgeable buyer. The greatest challenge is convincing the wife this! Nice rides by the way, I remember seeing that Tundra for sale a while back but it was not 'really' what I was looking for and was a little rich for my blood. Cheers to another BC born and rasied Expo 12 Valve junkie!:beer:

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
You aren't the only one with that problem. It really makes the wife/girlfriends crazy. I am 38 now and have owned probably 30-40 vehicles since I was 16. Some I have lost my a** on and others I have done pretty good on. I am looking at getting one more ride to add to my fleet. Its a 68 Bronco I bought when I was 20, sold it to my brother-in-law in my early thirties, he did a whole bunch of work to it, now he wants to sell it back to me to finance his new four door pickup. I sold it because I had little kids and needed something bigger, he is selling it back to me for the same reason.:)

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Hi I'm Jack and I too suffer from Vehicular ADD, 20 vehicles and counting in the last 21 years, still have the latest 4 (for now):wings:

My wife and I come by it naturally, her grandfather, father and uncle all suffered from it. My dad went through 22 cars in seven years. I can't help myself. :smiley_drive:

Jack

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Hi I'm Jack and I too suffer from Vehicular ADD, 20 vehicles and counting in the last 21 years, still have the latest 4 (for now):wings:

My wife and I come by it naturally, her grandfather, father and uncle all suffered from it. My dad went through 22 cars in seven years. I can't help myself. :smiley_drive:

Jack

Stand by Jack, you will probably giggle when you see what I bought...

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I have loved 'em all, kinda makes me sad to have you guys bring up things like the Volvo, the Tundra, the Hilux etc... Nice to know there is a support group! i keep telling myself "This is the one I'll finally keep". I'm telling myself that right now as a matter of fact... I THINK I believe it THIS time...:smiley_drive:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Other than the Volvo, I have done long trips from 2 weeks to 10 months living out of either campers on the back of, or trailers being pulled by the majority of these rigs. These trips have spanned most of the west side of N America from Canada to southern Mexico with as much time spent off pavement as possible. I spent over 200 nights sleeping under canvas, in 3 countries last year. I think that should do...

The thread is about buying and selling lots of rigs, not about installing a UHF or fridge on a slider...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior