Need some ideas for my new to me 2010 F-350

bowstryder

Observer
I find it incredibly funny and frustrating that even the op has neglected to join back in after the sophmoric spat that has occurred. this thread has turned into something that should be over on pirate (sans all the foul langauge).
It should be an unspoken rule that if you have a disagreement with what someone is saying you take it away from everyone else and out on each other. And I am sure that someone is going to say but I am right...... k.

bftank

Explorer
You can fit 37" tires stock if you have one of these.
View attachment 170091

But in all seriousness 8" is functionally too much, unless you are just doing it for looks and are into that sort of thing you should rethink it. I am also not a fan of the 20" rims with anything less than a 40" tire, they look flatbill diesel ricer to me.

2010 Is still the 6.4 powerstroke you would be ahead deleteing the egr and dropping the particulate filter.

you gotta have balls to use one of those on a truck that fresh!

agreed i would save the money from the lift and bling and spend it on the egr dpf delete, programmer, and a slide in camper or shell. maybe some 33's (if the tires sucked) and spend the rest of it on traveling.

you gotta ask your self whats more rewarding; getting there, or looking "good" while traveling.

D45

Explorer
While I also think an 8" lift is tall, its YOUR truck...do with it as YOU want!!!

I am running 37x13.50 Toyos on 20x10 BMF Sota 8 wheels

The Load E range Toyos and 20" tire/wheel combo make my truck feel a lot more solid and stable, compared to the 17" tire/wheel combo I was previously running, in a Load D range

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
It's not about whether I learned anything or not. I do, of course, come here to learn things and I have learned a lot thanks to the amazing community of folks in here. However, with that said, what was happening in this thread was not a discussion and it derailed this thread completely.

I've seen a lot of your posts around the forum and I have found you at times to be informative and able to add to threads and their collective information, but it seems like you have a chip on your shoulder or your just an angry person. Not sure which and don't really care. You seem to have something against many of the people in this forum as well. Like redthies said, maybe this isn't your place? Don't know, only you do.

All I'm saying is to think through your post and ask if it's adding to the thread or detracting from it? In this case, it definitely detracted from it. You don't always have to agree with what others do, but attacking them for it does nothing. Honey over vinegar, ya know?

Did you not learn anything about the original topic posted?

Kermit laid out his thoughts, I laid out mine. Both were relevant, and I'd like to think, insightful. Value added.

But "threads" are called such because, well....

Clutch

<---Pass
I find it incredibly funny and frustrating that even the op has neglected to join back in after the sophmoric spat that has occurred. this thread has turned into something that should be over on pirate (sans all the foul langauge).
It should be an unspoken rule that if you have a disagreement with what someone is saying you take it away from everyone else and out on each other. And I am sure that someone is going to say but I am right...... k.

I didn't intend to go astray. Just happens sometimes. :(

My apologies to everyone and the OP.

87GMCJimmy

Adventurer
I think the 20's will be okay given that they are in 37" tires. But, to me, an 8" lift is WAY too high!!! Maybe it'll serve the OP's purposes better at that height? IDK, but I know from my own experience that as high as the bed floor height on a stock 4x4 Heavy Duty pickup is, I'd hate to have to pick things up into a bed 8" higher! (Plus around another 2.5-3" higher for the 37" tires) I'll admit a big lifted truck has a cool look to it but, it loses a lot of its usefulness! (I think a lower lift with the same size tires looks better anyway!) Also, I would hate to fourwheel a truck that tall in offcamber situations, that'd be quite scary! I'd shoot for something lower, like the 4.5" suspension height previously mentioned, that would have a great look to it and still have its utility intact! At any rate, whatever decision is made- Congrats on the new truck OP! Post ups some pics whenever your get a chance, it's always great to get to see somebody's build!!!

bat

Explorer
This was my truck 8" lift with 35's had 37's wish I never changed, the trucks are long and for me getting over the humps helped out with lift and tire size. It was not a daily driver but is was fun taking it places and the ride was o so nice and comfy.

trip 00000 (Large) (3).JPG

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Hey bat, is that Joshua tree? 8" doesn't look to crazy on that truck. With a 2" bigger tire it would look ok.

Clutch

<---Pass
I think the 20's will be okay given that they are in 37" tires. But, to me, an 8" lift is WAY too high!!!

I don't think 8" is too high, I would run 40-42" tires with that amount of lift and wheel size. In Colorado I can see where you need it that high with a truck that big.

4wheelnonnew41sMar08-6.jpg

87GMCJimmy

Adventurer
I don't think 8" is too high, I would run 40-42" tires with that amount of lift and wheel size. In Colorado I can see where you need it that high with a truck that big.

View attachment 170298

I can see running 8" of lift for 42s, I agree. (That's a sweet looking truck by the way!) But, the OP said 37s and to me, that's way too much lift for 37's. I've not owned a Ford (other than a 69 Bronco I used to have) but, on my 87 GMC Jimmy (hence my screen name) I ran a 3" lift and 37s and on my current 2012 Power Wagon I plan to run 3" and 37s again. (it's actually not but about an inch of lift on the Power Wagon since it sits about 2" taller than a standard 2500 but, whatever- for simplicity's sake I'll just say 3" lift) I had contemplated a taller lift (6" over a standard 2500 so, about 4" on my Power Wagon) since it drags belly a LOT but, since I want to be able to easily load and unload things from the bed, it is my DD, and I value having a low center of gravity, 3"is the way I'll likely go. If I could get lower gearing for my rear axle (4.56 is the Power Wagon's ratio and is the lowest currently available) I might would contemplate stepping up to the 6" lift and some 40s but, if I am sticking with 37s, the lower lift is the way to go, IMO. Plus, as I mentioned I feel the truck works better at a lower height in terms of loading and unloading, it is my DD, and I like a lower center of gravity so, given all those factors, even if the lower gearing were available, I would likely still stick to 3" lift and 37s.

Yes, I realize a Power Wagon and a Jimmy are neither one of them at all like an F-350 but, the point of my post is that if I was planning to run 37s, I would not run an 8" lift, I would run something lower.

Clutch

<---Pass
I can see running 8" of lift for 42s, I agree. (That's a sweet looking truck by the way!) But, the OP said 37s and to me, that's way too much lift for 37's. I've not owned a Ford (other than a 69 Bronco I used to have) but, on my 87 GMC Jimmy (hence my screen name) I ran a 3" lift and 37s and on my current 2012 Power Wagon I plan to run 3" and 37s again. (it's actually not but about an inch of lift on the Power Wagon since it sits about 2" taller than a standard 2500 but, whatever- for simplicity's sake I'll just say 3" lift) I had contemplated a taller lift (6" over a standard 2500 so, about 4" on my Power Wagon) since it drags belly a LOT but, since I want to be able to easily load and unload things from the bed, it is my DD, and I value having a low center of gravity, 3"is the way I'll likely go. If I could get lower gearing for my rear axle (4.56 is the Power Wagon's ratio and is the lowest currently available) I might would contemplate stepping up to the 6" lift and some 40s but, if I am sticking with 37s, the lower lift is the way to go, IMO. Plus, as I mentioned I feel the truck works better at a lower height in terms of loading and unloading, it is my DD, and I like a lower center of gravity so, given all those factors, even if the lower gearing were available, I would likely still stick to 3" lift and 37s.

Yes, I realize a Power Wagon and a Jimmy are neither one of them at all like an F-350 but, the point of my post is that if I was planning to run 37s, I would not run an 8" lift, I would run something lower.

Could look at as good way to get exercise. ;)

When I had my '76 F250 stock height HighBoy on 36's living in PA, we would run trails where I would have problems and my buds with 6-8" lift and 40-44" tires would walk right through a section, and they would have to pull me through.

i tended to high center that truck often

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior