Need some ideas for my new to me 2010 F-350

Clutch

<---Pass
I am not sure that I want to jump to 40"s but the 8" lift would give me that as a option.

yeah if you're gonna do the work, nice to have a little wiggle room to expand.

the 4Wheel&Offroad Ultimate Adventure Super Duty is pretty bad *** (white truck on the left) the other isn't too shabby either, I think that is
the SD Raptor judging by the 'glass fenders, looks like they tossed a shell on it

diggin that winch bumper

995705_10151695243384571_579593921_n.jpg

131-1306-02+2012-ford-raptor-super-duty+rear-three-quarter-in-snow.jpg

87GMCJimmy

Adventurer
I have everything that you recommended.

Has anyone used the Warn hidden winch mount? Are they worth it?
Tim

Haven't used one but- They look like a good way to go to me! Nice clean factory looking install! (also cheaper than a lot of winch bumpers for SD trucks!)

Could look at as good way to get exercise. ;)

When I had my '76 F250 stock height HighBoy on 36's living in PA, we would run trails where I would have problems and my buds with 6-8" lift and 40-44" tires would walk right through a section, and they would have to pull me through.

i tended to high center that truck often

LOL! Yeah, I suppose I could view it as exercise! : ) Love those highboy Fords! Great looking trucks! One of my favorite body styles!

yeah if you're gonna do the work, nice to have a little wiggle room to expand.

the 4Wheel&Offroad Ultimate Adventure Super Duty is pretty bad *** (white truck on the left) the other isn't too shabby either, I think that is
the SD Raptor judging by the 'glass fenders, looks like they tossed a shell on it

diggin that winch bumper

View attachment 170313

View attachment 170315

Yeah, if 40s are maybe an eventual plan, and a TON of body mods aren't part of that plan, may as well do 8" right off the bat! That does look to be the SD Raptor! Sweet truck! I think it was what, 4.5" lift and 40's IIRC? I think the fenders were FiberWerx. I LOVE Super Dirty (the white truck) I had planned almost the same exact build back in 06 (well, almost the same, it was gonna be an 06 but, a white reg cab long bed base model diesel shortened to a shortbed but only 37s in my plan but, the truck I was gonna buy got sold out from under me when I was looking for financing and I ended up with a 07 Duramax and an 87 Jimmy instead (yeah, I have vehicular ADD, lol!)) It's cool as heck to see somebody build a truck that I had dreamed of building! (just wish it was mine, lol!)

Clutch

<---Pass
Love those highboy Fords! Great looking trucks! One of my favorite body styles!

I would love to get another 70's era F250 except in a crew cab, mine was a regular cab.

View attachment 170370

Yeah, if 40s are maybe an eventual plan, and a TON of body mods aren't part of that plan, may as well do 8" right off the bat! That does look to be the SD Raptor! Sweet truck! I think it was what, 4.5" lift and 40's IIRC? I think the fenders were FiberWerx. I LOVE Super Dirty (the white truck) I had planned almost the same exact build back in 06 (well, almost the same, it was gonna be an 06 but, a white reg cab long bed base model diesel shortened to a shortbed but only 37s in my plan but, the truck I was gonna buy got sold out from under me when I was looking for financing and I ended up with a 07 Duramax and an 87 Jimmy instead (yeah, I have vehicular ADD, lol!)) It's cool as heck to see somebody build a truck that I had dreamed of building! (just wish it was mine, lol!)

I totally have vehicle A.D.D.

I am all over the place I have huge list of "want to have vehicles", would like a Super Duty regular cab long bed with a topper (or a Flip Pac), 6" lift and 40's. There is a guy running around here with one which I believed specced the same , body panels all beat to hell, swing out rear tire carrier...you can tell he uses it.

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
welcome to the superduty club. if you are having any questions still hit me up, I will give you some input. My 2008 which is the same as yours has the following mods

Spartan tuning (standard and custom)
Spartan TCM
4" Powerstroker67 ceramic coated downpipe
5" Flo-Pro exhaust w/muffler and 6" stainless MBRP tip
No Limit Fabrication cold air intake
No Limit Fabrication CAC pipe/intake elbow (powder coated white)
EGR cooler delete
Elite head studs
Elite 71mm atmosphere turbo (billet Precision wheel)
Air Dog II DF-165
SunCoast transmission
River City Diesel torque converter
20x9 BMF Novakanes
305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT/2's
Bilstein 5160 reservoir shocks
PMF traction bars (not currently installed)
Recon smoked cab lights and mirror lights

641rwhp uncorrected, fuel only

ran a 12.2@108 on stock turbos and fuel only. should run a 11.90's now

IMG_1553_zpsc0ff7275.jpg
IMG_1552_zps868d6546.jpg

st34lth

for reference, your same body (except SB)

20s+ 37s on a 6" lift (dual shock)

8692077221_401e86040f_b.jpg

timsbroncs

Thank you. Your truck looks great.

welcome to the superduty club. if you are having any questions still hit me up, I will give you some input. My 2008 which is the same as yours has the following mods

Spartan tuning (standard and custom)
Spartan TCM
4" Powerstroker67 ceramic coated downpipe
5" Flo-Pro exhaust w/muffler and 6" stainless MBRP tip
No Limit Fabrication cold air intake
No Limit Fabrication CAC pipe/intake elbow (powder coated white)
EGR cooler delete
Elite head studs
Elite 71mm atmosphere turbo (billet Precision wheel)
Air Dog II DF-165
SunCoast transmission
River City Diesel torque converter
20x9 BMF Novakanes
305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT/2's
Bilstein 5160 reservoir shocks
PMF traction bars (not currently installed)
Recon smoked cab lights and mirror lights

641rwhp uncorrected, fuel only

ran a 12.2@108 on stock turbos and fuel only. should run a 11.90's now

View attachment 175691
View attachment 175692

LovinPSDs

Adventurer
I'd like to pitch my 2 cents in here as a Powerstroke owner... I'm new but gaining interest in whats goin on here! I like it!!

1. That big gray truck is Tanks isn't it? Stock height it had cutouts and 37s, now it has a 4.5" with either 41s or 42s

2. My CCLB 08 truck has a 4.5" and 37x13.50x18's SS-M16s - I've always wanted to go "Tank" style and go up to 40s but the thing is... 37s and stock gearing works... The next step is expensive (Gears,should do lockers while your in there, cut outs} and could be used somewhere else. I'd go with a ************ 4.5" and 37s if it was me.

3. 8" with 42s won't work when you flex it all the way out.. The rear fenders will probably still eat the rears.. The opening is 39.5" i believe.. I've looked into this. I'd be afraid to flex out 42's without opening the wheel wells.

911regular

Adventurer
DSC01259.JPG

I run 7" of lift (8" kit lowered 1 inch) 37x12x17 on 4.5 BS. The truck rides better than a stocker, tows just fine, and works well off road. At full stuff I have a hairs width of clearance from the inner fenders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior