"Noise Cameras" for loud pipes?

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
No Tiny Tim?
OMG, What has happened to the younger generation?
Tiny Tim?

I've got Tiny Teddy by the Headstones on my phone....

Fun fact, the lead singer in this band played Sheriff Donnie Haskell in Yellowstone.

Never heard of Tiny Tim outside of Mickeys Christmas Carol, haha

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Tiny Tim?

I've got Tiny Teddy by the Headstones on my phone....

Fun fact, the lead singer in this band played Sheriff Donnie Haskell in Yellowstone.

Never heard of Tiny Tim outside of Mickeys Christmas Carol, haha
Tiny Tim, the rock-folk star of the 60's, all flower children and "fim-guys" know him, mostly for his song, Tip Toe Through The Tulips.

No, not Tiny Tim by Dickens.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Tiny Tim, the rock-folk star of the 60's, all flower children and "fim-guys" know him, mostly for his song, Tip Toe Through The Tulips.

No, not Tiny Tim by Dickens.
Yeahhhh.... Just googled that and had a listen... for 2 seconds....

friends-joey.gif

What the hell man? Why'd ya do that to me? What did I ever do to you?

MOAK

Adventurer
Hey, you guys talking about music? I listen to just about everything except modern country and rap. Once in a while a smooth unoffensive hip hop tune may work its way unto my 8,000 song playlist. Inevitably I continue to enjoy old fashioned acid rock concept albums, old classic Rock, from Buddy Holly, Beatles, Clapton, John, etc etc, and lots of the original new wave stuff out of England, along with soft & hard BeBop jazz. I was never much for heavy metal, I still prefer angry punk rock over it instead. I do have a small collection of George Young’s Easy Beats and Flash in the Pan, whom in my opinion had more talent in his little finger than his little brother Angus. As far as loud pipes? They don’t save lives. They can’t be heard until they are past you. The loudness just pisses me off, especially because I live on a summer ride route headed up into the hills just south of us. All they do is ride 9 or 10 miles at a time, making a crap ton of useless noise, while bar hopping.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
I understand the doupler effect, but loud pipes can be heard from the front of the bike, except they don't really save lives, they are meant to be annoying.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Hey, you guys talking about music? I listen to just about everything except modern country and rap. Once in a while a smooth unoffensive hip hop tune may work its way unto my 8,000 song playlist. Inevitably I continue to enjoy old fashioned acid rock concept albums, old classic Rock, from Buddy Holly, Beatles, Clapton, John, etc etc, and lots of the original new wave stuff out of England, along with soft & hard BeBop jazz. I was never much for heavy metal, I still prefer angry punk rock over it instead. I do have a small collection of George Young’s Easy Beats and Flash in the Pan, whom in my opinion had more talent in his little finger than his little brother Angus. As far as loud pipes? They don’t save lives. They can’t be heard until they are past you. The loudness just pisses me off, especially because I live on a summer ride route headed up into the hills just south of us. All they do is ride 9 or 10 miles at a time, making a crap ton of useless noise, while bar hopping.
Old fashioned rock hey? Like 60's garage band stuff? Have a listen to this. My wifes uncle was the guitar player and this was their hit song from 66 in Montreal.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Garage bands, lol. I was in one with kids from the high school band and an older kid, called the band 'the dare devils" we actually played gigs at a bar at the lake, then; one guy graduated and went to college, another got drafted, I took off to the Army, knowing another was right behind me going to the Army. Pretty much killed the band, except for one guy who recruited other members.

I'm in Germany, driving down the road listening to the armed forces radio, a new song came on, dj says here's "Jackie Blue", by the dare devil's, (did I hear that right) the song played, then the dj says, by the Ozark Mountain Dare Davel's from Springfield, Mo. I almost ran off the road! The last guy, Bill Jones, had put the band together and changed the name as he had suggested before.

@Todd n Natalie

Time to wrap gifts......

MOAK

Adventurer
I understand the doupler effect, but loud pipes can be heard from the front of the bike, except they don't really save lives, they are meant to be annoying.
30 years driving 18; you could see em coming in the mirrors- you could never hear em coming

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
30 years driving 18; you could see em coming in the mirrors- you could never hear em coming
I believe you never heard them in that 18, but you can in my Miata.

Besides, I found a new past time, arguing with the Bing chatbot, and I win!

MOAK

Adventurer
Old fashioned rock hey? Like 60's garage band stuff? Have a listen to this. My wifes uncle was the guitar player and this was their hit song from 66 in Montreal.

Vaguely familiar. Back in the 70s I was looking for weird Doctor Demento type stuff, Frank Zappa, Velvet underground, the Ramones, etc. I remember being in the pickup truck age 11 and hearing a band called the Beetles on AM. I remember thinking- what a weird name, they named themselves after a bug. All I had heard before that, like so many other boomers, was Elvis, Everly Brothers, Buddy Holly, a bit of Hank Williams, sprinkled in along with Glen Campbell, Roger Miller, Patsy Cline, Tennessee Ernie Ford, Johnny Horton, etc. At the young age of 11, the Beatles and shortly after that The Stones, opened up an entire new world. I discovered jazz in the early 70s and abondened rock and roll for a time. Now? All genres are represented in my collection. I even have a small collection of backwoods/nola/ bayou music. One never knows what you’ll hear when you come to my home.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Vaguely familiar. Back in the 70s I was looking for weird Doctor Demento type stuff, Frank Zappa, Velvet underground, the Ramones, etc. I remember being in the pickup truck age 11 and hearing a band called the Beetles on AM. I remember thinking- what a weird name, they named themselves after a bug. All I had heard before that, like so many other boomers, was Elvis, Everly Brothers, Buddy Holly, a bit of Hank Williams, sprinkled in along with Glen Campbell, Roger Miller, Patsy Cline, Tennessee Ernie Ford, Johnny Horton, etc. At the young age of 11, the Beatles and shortly after that The Stones, opened up an entire new world. I discovered jazz in the early 70s and abondened rock and roll for a time. Now? All genres are represented in my collection. I even have a small collection of backwoods/nola/ bayou music. One never knows what you’ll hear when you come to my home.
Ah, there were some good ones, T E Ford, yep, as a bass I'd sing 16 tons, just another day older and deeper in debt!
Don't forget all the English bands that popped up, the Rolling Stones, the Birds, The Who, Cream, Kinks, Yardbirds, and the REAL ROCKER OF ALL TIME- LED ZEPPELIN!

Rock On!

BTW, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, be safe and take care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior