"Noise Cameras" for loud pipes?

Maddmatt

Explorer
I'm chiming in just because I enjoyed reading this whole thread - this is what makes forums like this great, its all over the place but nobody's getting mad!

Anyway - loud pipes: my tastes have changed as I've aged (I'm mid 50's). In my youth I was all about the louder the better. The owner of one of the ranches I worked on believed in "the quieter the better" and all of his vehicles were kept in top shape, with very quiet mufflers. I didn't get it at the time, but I sure do now. One of the reasons I sold my Titan was because it was too loud. The owner before me had put a cat-back system on it, and it was embarrassing to start on early morning. Had it been a true crew cab I would have replaced the exhaust, but so be it...

Same with music - my tastes have broadened as I've aged, and I love when the kids come home because they introduce all kinds of new stuff to the roadtrip playlist. Anytime we get in the car somebody gets assigned play list duty - if nobody steps up I load my Bluegrass Covers playlist from Spotify - that usually gets somebody else to take over (although I could listen to that list on repeat). Left to my own devices I go back and forth between 70's on 7, Classic Vinyl and Jazz. On long road trips, especially the high desert, I get really into Classical, just seems to go with the scenery.

Huge fan of XM, in my Xterra the sound quality is better than CD's and no static (no static at all....). For what it's worth, I haven't paid more than $7.99 per month per car in about 5 years for XM, I just leave it on auto-pay, and when I see the monthly bill went from $16 to $60 or so, I call, tell them that's too much and I'm out unless they give me the "promotional" rate for another year - they don't even argue anymore and even credit the overpayment to the next couple months, and it's well worth $16 to us.

Have a good day everyone - thanks for reminding me why I hang out here!

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I'm chiming in just because I enjoyed reading this whole thread - this is what makes forums like this great, its all over the place but nobody's getting mad!

Anyway - loud pipes: my tastes have changed as I've aged (I'm mid 50's). In my youth I was all about the louder the better. The owner of one of the ranches I worked on believed in "the quieter the better" and all of his vehicles were kept in top shape, with very quiet mufflers. I didn't get it at the time, but I sure do now. One of the reasons I sold my Titan was because it was too loud. The owner before me had put a cat-back system on it, and it was embarrassing to start on early morning. Had it been a true crew cab I would have replaced the exhaust, but so be it...

Same with music - my tastes have broadened as I've aged, and I love when the kids come home because they introduce all kinds of new stuff to the roadtrip playlist. Anytime we get in the car somebody gets assigned play list duty - if nobody steps up I load my Bluegrass Covers playlist from Spotify - that usually gets somebody else to take over (although I could listen to that list on repeat). Left to my own devices I go back and forth between 70's on 7, Classic Vinyl and Jazz. On long road trips, especially the high desert, I get really into Classical, just seems to go with the scenery.

Huge fan of XM, in my Xterra the sound quality is better than CD's and no static (no static at all....). For what it's worth, I haven't paid more than $7.99 per month per car in about 5 years for XM, I just leave it on auto-pay, and when I see the monthly bill went from $16 to $60 or so, I call, tell them that's too much and I'm out unless they give me the "promotional" rate for another year - they don't even argue anymore and even credit the overpayment to the next couple months, and it's well worth $16 to us.

Have a good day everyone - thanks for reminding me why I hang out here!
Bluegrass covers hey? That makes me think of Hayseed Dixie, haha

Or Steve .n. seagulls...

I really want @ITTOG to listen to all three the whole way through. Just wish I could see the reaction.

I imagine it something like this:

tumblr_m4i6ddpdhx1rn95k2o1_500.gif

Edited to add @Ozarker so he can give these tunes a listen.

Enjoy....

Last edited:

ITTOG

Bluegrass covers hey? That makes me think of Hayseed Dixie, haha

Or Steve .n. seagulls...

I really want @ITTOG to listen to all three the whole way through. Just wish I could see the reaction.

I imagine it something like this:

View attachment 813530
Songs 1 and 2 were
tumblr_m4i6ddpdhx1rn95k2o1_500-gif.813530

Song 3 I appreciated the talent and creativity. Obviously not as good as the real thing but I enjoyed it. Sorry I am not good at GIF's. But all smiles...
OGC.e20aad25e9a7979c53e7c4e6c817502f

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Here's a cover I came across of a different kind. Not really my jam, but have to admit the talent is real. The one guys plays so hard he shreds his bow. Pretty cool to watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior