Petersons Ultimate Adventure Tundra

01tundra

Explorer
Your truck looked like it worked well on the UA this year.
How did you like the outback park?

Outback Park (Butler, PA) was a really cool OHV area, very tight trails though. If it wouldn't have been so muddy, it would have been a blast being able to actually pick lines and try different obstacles. Seemed like a lot of trails of varying difficulty.

01tundra

Explorer
Put together a little Toyota trail ride near Tracy City, TN back in October for Ali at Petersen's Off-Road magazine to do a write up on, the article is out now in the March issue -

PA170055.jpg

P5.jpg

P12.jpg

P11.jpg

22068_236712147137_576492137_313561.jpg

PA170046.jpg

P9.jpg

01tundra

Explorer
Just installed a new Master-Pull 5/16" x 100' XD rope and fairlead, this rope feels tough as hell and will hopefully hold up better than the Viking did......we shall see -

MP1.jpg

MP3.jpg

MP2.jpg

mr.trd

Adventurer
Read the article.....nice little read and I noticed even Colin got recognized for his driving skills and not going boom with IFS and 37's. Looked like great run. As always, love the tundra!

stolenheron

Explorer
40's just arrived so it's going to be a late night for me tonight :D.

Installed 5.13's last Friday and also did a few very small mods to help clear them -

Had to lose the windshield washer reservoir that came factory in the passenger side wheel well. I already reduced the original size years ago by making a S.S. reservoir, but it had to go all together this time. Not a lot of room in the engine bay, especially while still planning on 3-linking the front and having to make room for the coil-overs, but I did manage to squeeze about one liter under there -

bottle1.jpg

bottle2.jpg

hmmm, its a bit small, but that makes it mountable in the engine bay, i may have to try a similar setup for my land rover if i can find a place to mount it. my other option is infront of the radiator which i'm not liking so far. thanks for the ideas!

01tundra

Explorer
hmmm, its a bit small, but that makes it mountable in the engine bay, i may have to try a similar setup for my land rover if i can find a place to mount it. my other option is infront of the radiator which i'm not liking so far. thanks for the ideas!

I could have cut the inner fender well and made the tube longer, but I was being lazy. You could always build two and connect them in parallel for additional capacity, if you had the space? Another option would be to step up to a larger I.D. pipe. I would locate it as far away as possible from a heat source, standard Schedule 40 PVC is only good for about 140 F.

Might be able to locate it back around the firewall for additional space also. I didn't put much thought into mine, as far as location was concerned.

HongerVenture

Adventurer
Hey Jonathan, I'm not sure you are going to remember me. Your Tundra has changed a lot since we met. I'm the guy with the T100 you met at Big South Fork. Glad to see you here on Expo... I'm late to the game in greeting you though.

Thought you and some others might like to see some "way back" pictures of your Tundra.

Enjoy!

01tundra web 1.jpg

01tundra web 2.jpg

01tundra web 3.jpg

01tundra

Explorer
Hey Joel, good to run back across you guys - Andrea and I were talking about that trip last weekend!

I got to do some wheeling in my driveway yesterday......good times :)!

flood1-1.jpg

flood6.jpg

flood2-1.jpg

flood3.jpg

flood4.jpg

flood5.jpg

Willman

Wow....Sorry to hear about all the flooding! But on the flip-side...makes for some good local fun.

:)

boellis87

Observer
Hey Jonathan, I'm not sure you are going to remember me. Your Tundra has changed a lot since we met. I'm the guy with the T100 you met at Big South Fork. Glad to see you here on Expo... I'm late to the game in greeting you though.

Thought you and some others might like to see some "way back" pictures of your Tundra.

Enjoy!

01tundra web 1.jpg

01tundra web 2.jpg

01tundra web 3.jpg

That's my backyard! And I can't even go there anymore!:mad: You just ruined my day. That's a place called Zenith to us locals and the park service has kicked motorized vehicles out of it. I manage not to think about it most of the time, but it pisses me off everytime I do. It's such a beautiful place and almost no one can enjoy it...stupid, stupid, stupid. Horses and hikers are still allowed, but there is absolutely no reason for the closure. The trail was an old railroad bed that serviced an old mining town a long, long time ago and it's one of prettiest places around.

I literally live 3 miles away and went there all the time as a kid...actually I was there so much that the berm in the curve in the first pic is what assured me of the location. We were told that environmental concerns was the reason for the closure, but basically it was just because the park service wanted us out. It was never what I would call crowded, and the people that came respected the trail system and land. I wish the government would just mind its own business. All that beauty and almost no one to enjoy it...

sorry for the rant...seeing the pictures just reminded me of how much fun I had down there as a kid

EDIT: curve was in first pic not second--woops

Last edited:

01tundra

Explorer
That's my backyard! And I can't even go there anymore!:mad: You just ruined my day. That's a place called Zenith to us locals and the park service has kicked motorized vehicles out of it. I manage not to think about it most of the time, but it pisses me off everytime I do. It's such a beautiful place and almost no one can enjoy it...stupid, stupid, stupid. Horses and hikers are still allowed, but there is absolutely no reason for the closure. The trail was an old railroad bed that serviced an old mining town a long, long time ago and it's one of prettiest places around.

I literally live 3 miles away and went there all the time as a kid...actually I was there so much that the berm in the curve in the second pic is what assured me of the location. We were told that environmental concerns was the reason for the closure, but basically it was just because the park service wanted us out. It was never what I would call crowded, and the people that came respected the trail system and land. I wish the government would just mind its own business. All that beauty and almost no one to enjoy it...

sorry for the rant...seeing the pictures just reminded me of how much fun I had down there as a kid

Yep! That's what we were talking about when I heard that Zenith had been closed. At least we can still go explore Pickett State park as of now...........

boellis87

Observer
We tried to fight the closure but were unsuccessful. Maybe someday we'll find a way to get it opened back up...

Can't believe the flooding you guys have. A couple of us were cleaning up shop when the rain came through my area and man did it pour! The 5 or so inches we got would be something to write home about most of the time, but with you guys getting hammered like that I felt like we just got a quick shower. It's a terrible mess. I'll be praying for the ones that lost so much.

It's good to see that folks are taking care of themselves and each other and not crying for the government to come save them. Proud to say that's the way we work around here too.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Hope everything is alright for you. Looks like things got a little wet.

Not sure if you were living there then but back inthe early 90s they had the big Hot Rod Nats somewhere in TN and they got dumped on at the fairgrounds it was at and destroyed a lot of really nice cars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78