Project510's 2003 Frontier CC

Project510

Adventurer
Thx Nat! I wish I could leave them in 24/7 lol but the fridge and stuff have to be taken out when not on trips. Kids gotta sit somewhere haha!

Project510

Adventurer
Got rear ended by a f150 for all the drama about that you can read here:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60774

Work has been started to repair the truck. The bed isnt straight anymore, so I am assuming their going to get it on a rack and make sure the frame is straight.

i-D8bkgsq.jpg

Everything that was damaged has already been removed..

Project510

Adventurer
Bed has been removed, doesnt look bad underneath.. pretty sure frame is ok. But will find out soon

i-cWP844R.jpg

Didnt realize how much dirt gets trapped under the bed. I should ask them to clean it out for me haha

i-7XRTkq6.jpg

Last edited:

Project510

Adventurer
TGIF called about the truck: Frame was perfect, no movement at all. Bed has already been removed and repaired its headed to paint tomorrow. New badges, bumper, tailgate and stickers have all been ordered. Possible complete date of Friday!

Project510

Adventurer
Thx Nat,

Bummer news tho.. jsut got a call from the body shop. Nissan is super lagging on sending their parts order. As of now it still has not arrived so my truck will most likely not be done til next week now as this lace is not opn on Sat/Sun. Too bad they cant make an acception.. lol

Some good news tho.. during this whole accident situation I have thought of everything from trading in the truck, to selling it.. to buying a car/bike to commute and go all out.. I really do miss and appreciate it for what it is. I am gonna do some realistic, basic mods to it and use it til it jsut wont go no more, or til I can no longer afford the gas. By then I should be able to afford a full size diesel or something.

My list I would LIKE to do before Overland expo @ Hollister is:

- Sleeping platform for the bed
- Some kind of basic slider to replace the factory step rails. I need secure strong jack points to use the hilift on. (Stock jack no longer gets the wheels off the ground)
- Color Match/Repair the Shell I bought so its not such an eyesore. Unless I find a deal on a new one that is MADE for my year/model

Last would be to work on the suspension. The leafs in the rear are starting to flatten..

Last edited:

Project510

Adventurer
So like I said, rejuvenated with the idea of fixin up the truck I want to start with some basic stuff. I actually added a receiver hitch in the rear so I have some kind of recovery point in the rear. Next will be to get the hole in the fron end tapped so I can install the 3 hole Jeep tow hooks I have. Then hopefully get this damn Knock Sensor replaced so I can move on to the suspension lift.

Went smooth, easy install. Feels very secure with 3 factory bolts on each side and a plate and extra bolt on bottom of each side for added strength. Sorry for the cell pics.. was to lazy to drag out the huge camera for quick pics.

i-kB7kjpt-L.jpg

i-NQvpJH5-L.jpg

At first I was worried about how low it would hang. The first photo I jsut kinda loose mounted it up to see where it would sit. Once it was up there I noticed it was at the exact same level as spare tire. So I shouldn't have anything to worry about. Now the question is what do i buy to stick in there that a shackle can attach to?

sasfrontier

Observer
As much as i hate to recommend it check out clubfrontier.org. There is a write up on a mod for the knock sensor. You basically cut the factory harness and use a dealer available pathfinder harenss and then relocate it to the right side of the block, just like the older pathfinders. much much cheaper this way and just as reliable.

Project510

Adventurer
haha I have been a member on there for longer than here. I actually found Expo from Clubfrontier. I actually submitted your truck for truck of the month once before also haha! I also make/sell clubfrontier stickers on there for fun :)

I have read the write ups, but would rather change it every few years then hack up wiring knowing it still wont resolve the issue, only make it easier to fix. Besides, in all honesty, I will outgrow the truck in a few years, and prolly switch to something later on once the income allows. I lvoe my truck tho! Its perfect for me right now!

Project510

Adventurer
Finally got some kind of rear recovery point. Now to get the front taken care of and I will feel a bit more relieved on the trails.

i-r3kJ6DT-L.jpg

There was some comments that the receiver hitch was to far inside the truck, but it looks fine to me. I dont PLAN on towing anything, however I do camp with some friends who tow jet skies, so in the off chance there is a break down or something.. I could be asked to tow. Does this look liek it is too far in?

i-PgnVvkT-L.jpg

digitalferg

Adventurer
Looks like fun and the truck looks fantastic too! I've decided I really need to paint my flares the same color as my body (or find some color-matched ones off a parts truck)--it looks so much better on these trucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online