Rubicon: Expeditions West Tacoma and EarthRoamer XV-JP

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Nicely done...Just when I think I'm done with the Rubicon, I see pictures like those and think I will go back again. How were the crowds?

Scott Brady

Founder
The crowds were very light. I was surprised, being the week after the holiday.

The Rubicon is a lot of fun with people that have not done it before or a real challenge, like taking $200,000 worth of expedition trucks through ;)

kcowyo

ExPo Original
You guys get so much work done having so much fun. :clapsmile

Excellent photos and I'm sure the Dude got some great footage as well. Congrats to Chris on bringing 'er home unscathed. Nice driving. That would be extra nerve-wracking, driving the Rubicon in someone else's rig.

Good guys, good rigs, good weather, good trail......

Nice day at the office gents! - :beer:

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Thanks, I really enjoyed the challenge and Scott did an awesome job of spotting. Leap-frogging between spotting the XV-JP and driving the EW truck with the highest priority being vehicle preservation was intense but very rewarding. Deliberate spotting, deliberate driving, and deliberate filming/shooting all worked in concert to result in a successful trip. I am humbled and honored that Scott and Bill trusted me with their masterpieces. Thanks guys. Thanks to Pasquale for again being so patient with us, being great company on the long drive out, and doing some excellent, impromptu spotting and driving when we needed him to. The Dude is certainly a jack of all trades. He can drive it, spot it, film it, fix it, build it, play it, do it! Hey Scott, thanks also for preparing your oh-so-tasty blackened salmon at camp. That was superb! :chowtime:

I was so impressed with both vehicles. Amazing things come from amazing minds. One of the best rewards of the trip was watching the expressions and reactions from those who asked, and learned that the XV-JP had a queen bed, hot shower, fridge and sit-down toilet, and here it was motoring through the Rubicon. Priceless!

Where to next? :gunt:

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
Very cool! Amazing that you never once got tugged/pulled with that LWB versus big boulders! Great driving.

Willman

expeditionswest said:
1. Yes, on the whole. The truck has completed more difficult obstacles, but the Rubicon is unrelenting.

2. A LOT of work

3. 18 PSI front, 22 PSI rear

4. The Tacoma was never pulled and never winched. It actually had an easy time of it. Chris did a great job driving.

No dings, no damage, no mechanical or other failures.

Thanks Scott!

Sounds like a great trip!

:)

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
Muchas gracias otra vez a Scott y a Chris mis dos aventuras preferidas

I am halfway through viewing/cutting the Rubicon footage... the terrain is brutal...

Gee, I almost forgot how dusty is was :shakin:

:::

Willman

Desertdude said:
Muchas gracias otra vez a Scott y a Chris mis dos aventuras preferidas

I am halfway through viewing/cutting the Rubicon footage... the terrain is brutal...

Gee, I almost forgot how dusty is was :shakin:

:::

Dude.......Nice dream job you got! Congrads! Here here!!!

Lucky guy you!:shakin:

Scott Brady

Founder
Xv-jp

Fun stuff :) More in "print" soon!

XV-JP_and_Expeditions_West_On_Rubicon-31.jpg

XV-JP_and_Expeditions_West_On_Rubicon-25.jpg

XV-JP_and_Expeditions_West_On_Rubicon-11.jpg

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Impressive

SOAZ said:
:bowdown:

x2

Great work gents. I would not know, but I bet there is nothing like getting to the end of a trail like the Rubicon with no damage, repairs, tugs or winching!

Job well done :beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior