Snow Peak Addiction

trailscape

Explorer
Picked up the mini Hozuki light at REI yesterday. It's a nice little light that puts out a warm glow rather than the typical white/blue from most. Pretty much the sole reason I wanted it. My only disappointment is the "Made in China" part on the box. I know the larger version is made in Japan.

cactusjk

Explorer
I remember growing up it was about "Made in Japan". I am starting to be okay with "Made in China".

Picked up the mini Hozuki light at REI yesterday. It's a nice little light that puts out a warm glow rather than the typical white/blue from most. Pretty much the sole reason I wanted it. My only disappointment is the "Made in China" part on the box. I know the larger version is made in Japan.

trailscape

Explorer
I remember growing up it was about "Made in Japan". I am starting to be okay with "Made in China".

A lot of it really is that it's like finding an easter egg when I see a product that's not made in China. The rest of my reasoning just leads to off topic territory.

Some Dude

Adventurer
I got both the full size hozuki and the mini for Christmas. The big one is novel with its wind/noise sensor, but the mini is so much more useful. I ski night league twice a week and keep it in the back of the LR3 to stick to the upper tailgate while I pack gear at the end of the night. So far the big one is just sitting on my nightstand. It will find its way into regular use when camping season hits in a couple months, but the mini is the "everyday" light.

trailscape

Explorer
What is everyone doing to store, secure or protect the IGT units? I have the 3 unit IGT and I'm looking for ideas for how to secure this thing in my vehicle. A 3-unit canvas bag would be nice, but I can't find one.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
What is everyone doing to store, secure or protect the IGT units? I have the 3 unit IGT and I'm looking for ideas for how to secure this thing in my vehicle. A 3-unit canvas bag would be nice, but I can't find one.

If you start at page 62 and work your way forward you'll get an idea of what I can do for you. I also have the 3 unit IGT so I'm sure that we can come up with a solution for your needs.

trailscape

Explorer
Oh yeah, I do love those straps but at the moment I still have a pretty basic setup and I'm not sure yet which pieces I will be adding. It might be best for me to wait. The 8 gallon action packer works awesome for the inserts and stove. I see how you stored the setup in your Jeep and that's what I'd like to get more ideas for. Basically, what are people doing to keep these things from flying around in their vehicles and getting scratched up?

If you start at page 62 and work your way forward you'll get an idea of what I can do for you. I also have the 3 unit IGT so I'm sure that we can come up with a solution for your needs.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
I understand. A basic set of straps that holds the legs and a carry handle is a good starter kit. You can add additional straps as your kit grows. Let me know when you're ready.
If I start making carry bags I'll let you know. I've been wanting to since I picked up my IGT and saw that SP really didn't have anything that fit my needs.

trailscape

Explorer
I understand. A basic set of straps that holds the legs and a carry handle is a good starter kit. You can add additional straps as your kit grows. Let me know when you're ready.
If I start making carry bags I'll let you know. I've been wanting to since I picked up my IGT and saw that SP really didn't have anything that fit my needs.

A carry bag some loops or holes for hooks would be awesome combined with that strap setup.

takesiteasy

Adventurer
If I can interrupt the discussion of straps with a question for you SP experts, does anyone know if the kettle #1 will nest inside the multi-purpose cook set #1 (stainless steel versions) if the handle and pot holder are removed? From the dimensions listed by SP, it sounds like it would.

Honu

lost on the mainland

I use a 4 and 2 IGT both have bags the 4 has canvas bags my two has those grey kinda nylon ones :) the canvas is much nicer
I had my own home made strap setup but the ones that are being done now are nicer :)

but my IGT sits in-between my two bamboo table tops that are down side out so if they get dinged no biggy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears