Upcountry's 07' Tacoma - Weekend Warrior Build - Work In Progress

bat

Explorer
I believe I have the b110 and I picked them up from Downsouth motor sports. I have the ubolt flip kit also and I picked up some EVS foam bump stops. I purchased a 4" long set and cut them down just before my shocks bottom out, they are mounted off the frame.

069.JPG

upcountry

Explorer
Are you able to use the factory TPMS units with the Mojave teflons?

Good question. They are SUPPOSEDLY compatible. The local Les Schwab tire shop where I got the tires annd wheels told me yhey would work but that I had to go to the dealer to have them reset
So the stock tpms were mounted but I have not been to the dealer for the past 2.5 years since I got the wheels and tires. So the orange tire pressure light is still on on the dash. Oh well.

So the answer is yes they will work but you are better off having the tire and tpms units mounted at the dealer to make sure they are mounted correctly and calibrated to function correctly.

My suggestion is buy tires and wheels online and have the dealer yank tpms from stock wheels and mount in new wheels and then mount tires. May cost a little more but this is a gurantee it will work.....if you care about the tpms working. I don't have an outo traction system so if it does not work it does not affect my driveline...
just an annoying orange light. With the 33s you can tell quickly if you have a low tire plus I air down off road and darn ligjt would flash anyway.

bat

Explorer
Don"t you have a reset button under the steering wheel. Mine would not work on my factory Toyota wheels (dont' ask) so have them in a pressurized canister. I just used the reset button under the steering column and off goes the light.

upcountry

Explorer
Don"t you have a reset button under the steering wheel. Mine would not work on my factory Toyota wheels (dont' ask) so have them in a pressurized canister. I just used the reset button under the steering column and off goes the light.

Good idea and maybe im just doing it wrong
...I have tried that several times over the years....no luck. Orange light persists. I even have read and followed the instructions in the manual. No luck. Tire vendor says take it to the dealer....I just don't care that much! I seem to have been fine without a tpms in my previois generations of toyota truck!!

Last edited:

upcountry

Explorer
Wow tire looks surprising close to revo's. Any report on them? Especially in ice/snow?

Tires are great in snow. No complaints. Only stuck once in snow but that was towing my snowmobile trailer and a foot of fresh snow and bad driving on my part.

Have not done much on rocks so no feedback there but they are great in the sand......I have spweding ticket going 50 on the beach at Westport to prove it......I did not know there was a speed limit on the beach!!!!

Only complaint is they seem to be weathering poorly and are starting to show signs of cracking in the tread recesses. Not sure if this is a bad sign????? Ill take a close-up picture and post.

upcountry

Explorer
Slider attachment pics

Some pics of the Allpro slider mount.

I modified the way in which the assembly mounted to the frame. I used all Grade 8 hardware and drilled some extra holes (Good idea? you tell me). I did not like the "self taping" lag bolts that came with the kit for the front mount plate, so drilled and crammed my hand inside the frame rail. I still need to get my wife out there to use her smaller hand and arm to get deeper into the frame to get the last two bolts in - I could not get my hand far enough in. But, its held on with two grade eight bolts on each side in the front, more than strong enough!

Slider_1.3.JPG

under1.JPG

Slider_1.4.JPG

Slider_1.1.JPG

Slider_1.2.JPG

Attachments

• Truck_1.1.JPG
    Truck_1.1.JPG
    577.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Truck1.JPG
    Truck1.JPG
    274 KB · Views: 64

upcountry

Explorer
In continuation of electrical upgrades I need to find somewhere to mount the other 5 switches for the SPOD. There was only slot in the dash left.....the other spaces had factory switches.

To fix the problem I found this setup that alliws you to add as many switch blank s as you want as long as you have space for the hole.. .. they just snap together....get a set of two ends and as many middle slots as you want amd snap together........

http://www.otrattw.com/products.php?cat=4&pg=2

Hope to install as soon as order comes in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior