Viking Off-Road Recovery Hitch photos

latinoguy

Adventurer
It is funny to me that somehow the Viking is placed in the category of "don't skimp" and "you get what you pay for" --simply because of its higher price -- when it is less superior in every single category.

This positioning statement (you get what you pay for) possibly created by the marketing folks, is what justifies "boutique brands" considerably higher margins over the competition. The higher margins are also passed thru the distributor. you learn that in business school.

The buyer who is loyal to that particular brand, buys for "value" defined by rareness, perceived exclusiveness, and the many other emotional associations with being a consumer for such boutique brands. Look at Louis Vuitton. If you can't spend $300 for a wallet, then why are you in our boutique store for? LOL.

bobDog

Expedition Leader
This positioning statement (you get what you pay for) possibly created by the marketing folks, is what justifies "boutique brands" considerably higher margins over the competition. The higher margins are also passed thru the distributor. you learn that in business school.

The buyer who is loyal to that particular brand, buys for "value" defined by rareness, perceived exclusiveness, and the many other emotional associations with being a consumer for such boutique brands. Look at Louis Vuitton. If you can't spend $300 for a wallet, then why are you in our boutique store for? LOL.
My god man, what are you doing up at this time of night? O wait....I am too! Never mind....go on ...you were saying?:coffeedrink:

saburai

Explorer
The good stuff!

My god man, what are you doing up at this time of night? O wait....I am too! Never mind....go on ...you were saying?:coffeedrink:

I think you guy's were talking about Louie Vuitton fashion accessory's:elkgrin:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
I don't really know how to say this guys... But I now have "shackle envy".

That is some FINE workmanship, I'd feel bad treating like I know I would.

Cheers

Dave

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
Marlin Crawler has a nice one that can be flipped and is only $35
dshacklereceiver640.jpg

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Jim,
looks like a zinc dichromate treatment for anti corrosion
marlincrawler is very, very reputable.

I honestly was not questioning Marlin Crawler

So is zinc dichromate better or comparable to Viking's nickle finish or Warn's galvanized finish?

let me plagarize a bit here

Strength: MOOT point, stronger than the application requires.
Fit and Finish: may not rattle, gold look is nice for bling, better finish than Warn's forging but not satin looking like the Viking
Functionality: equal to the Viking unit, with the ability to mount vertical or horizontal to limit side loading of the shackle screw pin.
Cost: all the functionality for 30% of the cost of the Viking

sinuhexavier

Explorer
Sometimes I buy things for no other reason than knowing that a company gives back to a sport/activity/community as much as it benefits from it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online