'10 Tundra CrewMax

cam-shaft

Bluebird days
Sounds like you are happy with the air bag system? Any other thoughts you have about your air bag experience, I would be happy to hear. I have been researching this pretty heavily for my father, as he just got a new tundra and he is going the pop up route. I was leaning toward the bags with the daystar cups.

Cam-shaft.

Last edited:

smslavin

Adventurer
ICON Vehicle Dynamic Expansion Pack with OEM Tundra Mainleaf and my own addition of 4 thin leafs off a National Spring leafpack i used to run on my '85. OEM Loadleaf is out. Trying to achieve a pliable rear lift of about 2-3" once its settled. Time will tell, i can always pull a leaf or 2.

DSC_0009-1.jpg

a real springpack. sorry ICON for ********** with your perfect pack :)

DSC_0014-1.jpg

DSC_0013-2.jpg

I'm beginning some research to jump from an FJ into a Tundra after the first of the year. My FJ has an Icon kit but I'm going to switch to Kings for the Tundra. My confusion comes with the leaf packs. What did you gain by adding leafs to what you received from Icon? Do the leafs become softer? If the leafs become softer, how much does the on road performance suffer?

I won't have a camper in the back of mine, just a topper but possibly a bed slide. A trailer is in the back of my head depending on how I can configure the bed.

I was looking at the Deaver packs but just everywhere I see them there's a message of don't use them if you'll have any kind of weight in the bed. Can that be negated by using the air bags?

Guri

Explorer
Hey man, was a pleasure to meet you at the springs on last Sunday.
I just snap a picture of your truck and I hope to see you again on the road.

IMG_7523.jpg

We made the route from the springs on the north path without much problem, as you told us.
Here is my wife at the command.

IMG_7673.jpg

zidaro

Explorer
Guri,
great to meet you and your wife.
I had no concerns about you and your trucks ability thru N.Pass. Its actually quite a fun route right now, too bad it will be a clean graded road soon!
Beautiful weekend in the Valley, glad we all got to enjoy it

Zidaro,
Awesome pics through Dedeckera and Steel pass.

Can you comment on the difficulty of getting your Crewmax through that way? Outside of driving skill... What if any mods would you say are "strongly advised"?

zidaro

Explorer
Zidaro,
Awesome pics through Dedeckera and Steel pass.

Can you comment on the difficulty of getting your Crewmax through that way? Outside of driving skill... What if any mods would you say are "strongly advised"?

Id say a lift of some sort, durable tires, and the sliders will make you feel better (though i did not drag them anywhere). Easy drive with only a couple obstacles that are narrow steps.

zidaro

Explorer
DSC_0004_zps7d963679.jpg

took a roadtrip down to Johnson Valley for a weekend of wheelin and pitting for my buddy during the week in the EMC Mod class of KOH! Great times. Tundra hauled it like a champ (as always). 9mpg average as she sits with water, fuel, gear.
Not sure on the mileage but its a little over 35k i think,

zidaro

Explorer
LOL, its not. its a basic 14" extension.
Ever seen what cabover camper guys hauling horse trailers are using? some have a 48" extension and then chains to the back of their cabovers to help support, and then they are pulling 4 horse trailers with a kitchen up front.
That said, i only use the extension when i have the camper on, and it only runs with ~#300 tongue wt.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
took a roadtrip down to Johnson Valley for a weekend of wheelin and pitting for my buddy during the week in the EMC Mod class of KOH! Great times. Tundra hauled it like a champ (as always). 9mpg average as she sits with water, fuel, gear.
Not sure on the mileage but its a little over 35k i think,

Nice. 9 mpg sounds good to me for that load.

zidaro

Explorer
Ha, yes i agree and should also claim that i have a hard time with my R foot on roadtrips. Speed was 70mph on Hwys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal