'10 Tundra CrewMax

PyroZuki

Fully ************** Tundra and great write-up!!

If I had the funds, this is the route I would take on mine!

Pyro

bigwapitijohnny

Adventurer
Z,

Did you use the factory wiring/ harness for your Vision X lights? My fog light switch is on the turn signal post. I want to swap out the factory fogs with Dually D2s...

Regards,

BWJ

zidaro

Explorer
i did. just cut the loom at the light just behind the factory plug and wired in the new ones with a weatherpack type plug

Guri

Explorer
Nice Truck!!!

Your truck turns really nice. I had a Tacoma for two years and now I have a Tundra 4x4. Not regret about the change.
I would like to add this bumpers and lift but I wondering how it will affect in a diary commute.
How change the MPG with the lift and addition of weight?

zidaro

Explorer
hey Guri,
Im gonna say my mileage definitely was affected and i did it all about the same time so tough to say what had a larger affect. When my tires were fresh it was also a bit better, now they are at the end of their life and not super smooth.
Driving mostly on surface streets (at 8K' elev.) i am averaging around 15-16mpg. Highway is 16-18mpg and a little better for both if i am at sea level. this is with a consciously light foot, if i was to mash around who knows how bad it gets.
Fully overloaded with all gear and camper out on the trails i am around 10-14 mpg.
Im positive if i ran a more highway style tire i would have much better results, but thats the price we pay. :) Im thinking im going to bump up a tire size this round and see how i like it. 34-35" range.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
I'd say you have a nice, light foot to get those MPG numbers.

Also interested in what tire & size you decide to bump up to. :)

zidaro

Explorer
think i am going to go with the 285/75 r18 TOYO open country AT 2 - as of right now. 34.8"x11
That could change, but they seem like they may be the right tire- long wear, snow/ice traction, aggressive at with good street/hwy manners- alot to ask.
I also like the ******** Cepek Radial Fun Country II. though their 34" is 13" wide and that is the problem.

Going to burn these Duratracs up but not expecting to have them last thru the Winter. Ive already started getting puncture blowouts right thru the middle of the treats on rocky trails so i dont trust them too much anymore. Have a set of Falken Wildpeaks in a 33x11.5 with about 80% tread that i can run for a bit too. Will let you know what i think of that tire when that happens.

Just bought some Budbuilt skids, waiting for their arrival so expect some pics and a review of their fitment with the exp1 bumper soon.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
snip...
I also like the ******** Cepek Radial Fun Country II. though their 34" is 13" wide and that is the problem.
snip...
Just bought some Budbuilt skids, waiting for their arrival so expect some pics and a review of their fitment with the exp1 bumper soon.

Agreed, 13" is too wide.

Bud Built skids are the stuff! :)

zidaro

Explorer
13" width purdy much rules it out for the Tundra, might consider the narrower width, smaller dia. tire for our '10 runner.

the Cooper ST Maxx is intriguing as well.

really want to hear peoples impressions of these tires on snowy/icy roads and mileage wear.

zidaro

Explorer
This showed up in the mail today:

IMG_1022_zpscdb459e8.jpg

budbuilt front and mid skids in 3/16" stainless steel

installed pics to follow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal