1100 miles later...Introducing Big Red

Viggen

Just here...
Wow that FJ60 looks beautiful. How much did you pick her up for?

Not as much as you might think but I wont say exactly.

For those of you who might be curious, the back story is this:
It was brought in from Canada by West Coast Enthusiasts a few years ago (I have all the paperwork) and bought by Mr. X (I know his name). It was then gone through, lifted, modified and babied in Florida. Mr. X and his wife must have had one SERIOUS falling out and the nasty divorce began. Well, in what had to have been a very nasty proceeding, the future Mrs. X took Mr. X's baby and DONATED it! The guy I bought it from bought it at a charity auction and brought it to Louisiana. I bet Mr. X was a very livid man as it is obvious that this thing was his baby. I can tell form the insanely clean condition it is in along with very small things like the fact that unused electrical connectors were cleaned and then packed with Vasoline to seal them off. Anything and everything that was installed was done so with the utmost of attention and quality. It really is a super nice truck.

She is red and my girlfriend likes it a lot. The interior is a tan and brown combination and is great in that early 80s sort of way. :wings:

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
ARE YOU NUTS!?

What if our wives are reading this thread?

Do you know what that could mean?

Cripes - use your head, man!

I'm still trying to explain why I had to do the SAC... the "Safety Snorkel" was hard enough.

Viggen

Just here...
ARE YOU NUTS!?

What if our wives are reading this thread?

Do you know what that could mean?

Cripes - use your head, man!

I'm still trying to explain why I had to do the SAC... the "Safety Snorkel" was hard enough.

That's why my girlfriend knows not to question anything I do to the truck. "Honey, I just bought a set of new rear axle shafts."
"why would you spend $500 on that?"
"Because I need them"
"okay"

She knows not to question.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
That's why my girlfriend knows not to question anything I do to the truck. "Honey, I just bought a set of new rear axle shafts."
"why would you spend $500 on that?"
"Because I need them"
"okay"

She knows not to question.

Wow... after 30+ years and I still haven't been able to crack the code.

I wonder if Coach makes parts for Toyotas?

chet

island Explorer
a rust free Bj60 you have a rare breed! and a very fine example at that! Welcome to the 60 series family!

Viggen

Just here...
Thanks, I am. Ill be spending the weekend plugging in new glow plugs and redoing the old, original battery cables with better, tighter fitting ones. After that, the undercoating and protectants will be applied and then the real fun of adding new things to it to get it ready for the spring and summer trips I want to take.

str8nm

Observer
ziebart simpson

Ziebarted and undercoated this week, a few lamps and thats about it.

I live in Richmond...wondering where you were able to get this done in virginia?? And are tehy a reputable...I know if this is not done correctly it can be worse than not doing it at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven