1100 miles later...Introducing Big Red

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
Nice! What sort of wood organizer are you going to put in the back? I'm thinking of doing something similar, but I'm not sure what direction. Curious what type you decided.

Viggen

Just here...
Nice! What sort of wood organizer are you going to put in the back? I'm thinking of doing something similar, but I'm not sure what direction. Curious what type you decided.

Im looking at making a sort of flat tray organizer. Nothing too fancy. There will be a slide out piece for the fridge, an area for the cases to be ratcheted down, an area for the air tank holder and then a small flip open panel for the fuse box I think. It wont be a full blown drawer system like you see around here. I dont like drawers as it limits what you can get to. With a case, I open the glass part, flip the lid open and grab things. With a drawer, I need to open both halves and then slide the drawer open. Easier access. Ill probably draw it up this weekend after I install a new glow plug and drain and replace all the fluids.

Viggen

Just here...
Love the truck!!!

Anyway to add A/C down the road?

Maybe. Not too sure yet. It has cloth seats and good tint on the windows so I might not ever do it. Dont know yet.

I need to buy new winch rope for it now. Some dbag cut a long section out of it the other night. Hooray for vandals!

Go4Lo

Explorer
Congrats on the sweet new rig! I've always had a soft spot for the 60s. I look forward to seeing more pics of it and your build.

Wheelingnoob

Adventurer
Nice find a rust free BJ60! Up here finding a rust free HJ or BJ60......well any 60 for that matter is next to impossible. I looked for 6 months and ended up with a 80 :(. I really lust after the 60's though, my brother has a HJ60 not rust free but has a rust free JDM frame so its a good starting point.

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
Im looking at making a sort of flat tray organizer. Nothing too fancy. There will be a slide out piece for the fridge, an area for the cases to be ratcheted down, an area for the air tank holder and then a small flip open panel for the fuse box I think. It wont be a full blown drawer system like you see around here. I dont like drawers as it limits what you can get to. With a case, I open the glass part, flip the lid open and grab things. With a drawer, I need to open both halves and then slide the drawer open. Easier access. Ill probably draw it up this weekend after I install a new glow plug and drain and replace all the fluids.

Sounds like a good plan, looking forward to checking it out.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Maybe. Not too sure yet. It has cloth seats and good tint on the windows so I might not ever do it. Dont know yet.

I need to buy new winch rope for it now. Some dbag cut a long section out of it the other night. Hooray for vandals!

You can park it at my house...

Viggen

Just here...
You can park it at my house...

Haha, Im sure you wouldnt mind that. Ill be taking it down to IPOR in a week or so to have them make up a set of sliders for her with tube kick outs so the trees will stay away...I mean so my GF can get in easier. Got in touch with the Cruiser people up here. They have a happy hour much like the Rover folks do so I plan on making one soon. I missed this weeks but want to make the next one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven