1987 4Runner- Expedition Build Up.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
"fro the good of the froup".....:sombrero::elkgrin::costumed-smiley-007:ylsmoke:

I Almost Froupen.....Agree!....

HAHAHAHAHA Yeah my spelling can get pretty atrocious when I'm typing on this laptop that's all off to one side of me...

BLKNBLU: Please tell me I haven't offended you mate, I was just throwing in my .02 and I definatly didn't mean to imply you were trying to scam/get over on anyone eh. If I did offend, I appologize profusely, I consider you to be a great guy on this board mate.

Cheers

DAve

BLKNBLU: yours doesn't look as bad as the first one I replaced, BUT the tearing of the connecting sections is what starts to spell the begining of the end. AS a spare to get you home I'd keep it, but IMO it's pretty well toast too. Once those pieces that connect the "wings" of the mount break (and yours is nearly through on both sides) there's nothing to hold those big "chunks" in place, they fall out and the T-case binds, rattles etc as I'm sure you know.

Not trying to bash your awesome intentions, and good on ya for looking out for us old Toyota owners, I'd just hate to see some one have a problem and then blame you for a part they installed if that makes sence. It's this sence of comunity and "fro the good of the froup" attitude that has made Expo my Home on the internet. As far as I'm concerned, NOBODY does comunity like Expo does. Mud is pretty awesome, but I still feel like Expo it tops in this dept.

Cheers

Dave

Well that blows! I just spent an hour this morning installing the one that I got through Russel's friend. ITS JUST LIKE THE ONE PICTURED but in worse shape! I reckon I'll go for the "Heavy Duty" one through Marlin Crawler....:smilies27

And for Russel (and possibly Alex) I know there were no bad intentions, hell, I dont know any better either. I've got the process down though, I'll have the next one swapped in 30 minutes next time!

BLKNBLU

Explorer
BLKNBLU: Please tell me I haven't offended you mate, I was just throwing in my .02 and I definatly didn't mean to imply you were trying to scam/get over on anyone eh. If I did offend, I appologize profusely, I consider you to be a great guy on this board mate.

Cheers

DAve

None taken. Probably one of those times when the short reply by me gave the tone of being upset, but not the case. I just didn't have anything else to add. :beer:

RU55ELL

Explorer
Well that blows! I just spent an hour this morning installing the one that I got through Russel's friend. ITS JUST LIKE THE ONE PICTURED but in worse shape! I reckon I'll go for the "Heavy Duty" one through Marlin Crawler....:smilies27

And for Russel (and possibly Alex) I know there were no bad intentions, hell, I dont know any better either. I've got the process down though, I'll have the next one swapped in 30 minutes next time!

Ouch. :(

I'm sorry man, I didn't know what kind of shape Alex's was in.

Nah, just a pain in the ******** wife that is attention deprived apparently.

Two and a half hours working on the truck after spending ALL morning (7ish- close to 1 actually) making a garden for her in the back yard and then she bitches at me for wanting to do my thing. Not to mention we ran into some serious issues that needed to be fixed on the truck (leaf pack exploded) which caused me to be 5 minutes late to a movie and we had to ride in separate vehicles. Apparently we cant have a date night if we ride in separate vehicles.
But thats just my personal life.

Truck is doing fine on new squishers (hydro shocks).

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
Nah, just a pain in the ******** wife that is attention deprived apparently.

Two and a half hours working on the truck after spending ALL morning (7ish- close to 1 actually) making a garden for her in the back yard and then she bitches at me for wanting to do my thing. Not to mention we ran into some serious issues that needed to be fixed on the truck (leaf pack exploded) which caused me to be 5 minutes late to a movie and we had to ride in separate vehicles. Apparently we cant have a date night if we ride in separate vehicles.
But thats just my personal life.

Truck is doing fine on new squishers (hydro shocks).

Safety first. Just make sure she knows the implications of NOT fixing a problem like that....

Just sayin'

Bones

Observer
We went as fast as we could. Lucikly Eduardo had a bolt we could use for the spring pack, or you would have been there a lot longer.

Once you get a job closer to home, she'll chill out.

I still havent put in my new front shocks.... Havent driven the truck since I've been back here either--- borrowed my father in law's motorbike to cruise back and forth on.

Will be back home this weekend, guys. Going to look at a couple motorbikes too, will hopefully be riding this one back to Louisiana next week!

621380294_xTY24-L-1.jpg

We went as fast as we could. Lucikly Eduardo had a bolt we could use for the spring pack, or you would have been there a lot longer.

Once you get a job closer to home, she'll chill out.

And not to mention the air impact... that saved us 30 minutes alone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy