1987 4Runner- Expedition Build Up.

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
I also saw this today... whooops
IMG_1958.jpg

IMG_1959.jpg

Been driving long? :sombrero:

Its ok. I'm sure somehow it wasn't his fault.

Fixing the rear U-joint on the rear drive shaft soon.
This has been a source of my major vibrations.... brother told me how to easily check for play in the U joint and sure enough its about gone! Going to get spares (if not just replace them all) as well as rear pinion seal.

Isnt the toyota U-Joint a PITA??

Went to a couple new junk yards to look for a T-Case mount with no suerte. Still need to go source some parts for Bones. BTW Tom, no troopers at the two U-Auto Pull Its in Shreveport. I still havent gone to the one in Alexandria yet. Planning on going in the morning.

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
Fixing the rear U-joint on the rear drive shaft soon.
This has been a source of my major vibrations.... brother told me how to easily check for play in the U joint and sure enough its about gone! Going to get spares (if not just replace them all) as well as rear pinion seal.

Isnt the toyota U-Joint a PITA??

Went to a couple new junk yards to look for a T-Case mount with no suerte. Still need to go source some parts for Bones. BTW Tom, no troopers at the two U-Auto Pull Its in Shreveport. I still havent gone to the one in Alexandria yet. Planning on going in the morning.

Make sure to pick up some disk brake lube! :coffeedrink:

V6 calipers...

Can anyone tell me if the calipers from a 94 (or 95--cant remember now) 4runner with v6 will work with on my truck? If it WONT tell me why. If it will, but needs something else, please let me know. truck is 2wd

Last edited:
I believe 95 was the last year for the S13WB cast calipers on 4runners, which should be the ones you're looking at. Here's some reading for you:

my S13WB caliper install

here's a bit more reading on different caliper options :D

Yanked the calipers out of the 'yard today... they are the S13WB. I also got the rotors, they should work, right? Rotors are rusty but thick and not wavy nor did they have the lip at the top of the rotor from wear. Seemed to have newer pads in the calipers.

corax

Explorer
Yanked the calipers out of the 'yard today... they are the S13WB. I also got the rotors, they should work, right? Rotors are rusty but thick and not wavy nor did they have the lip at the top of the rotor from wear. Seemed to have newer pads in the calipers.

Yep, rotors should work - just clean them up a bit, sandpaper works well to knock off the majority of rust although a quick brake lathe resurface would be best. Also make sure there is no rust/grit/dirt between the mounting surfaces of the rotors and hub before you tighten them down.

For all you geezers with kidney problems, I'll send you my old U joint and let you get some shock wave lithotripsy, for free. :victory:

Amazing amount of vibration reduction from changing a very worn out U joint... Original to the truck.

Russel or anyone else... I am in need of a Transfer Case mount... the cheaper the better, if one of you guys dont know of any, i'll order the heavy duty from Marlin.

RU55ELL

Explorer
Let me check with guys I know. How soon do you need it?

EDIT: Found one from an 86.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy