1987 4Runner- Expedition Build Up.

Score! Got a Warrior Products rack for stupid cheap. I also had the exact number of rectangular tubing with bases already welded on, which also happened to be the same size as the rack's floor bits.
The feet:
IMG_2363.jpg

Back
IMG_2362.jpg

Side
IMG_2360.jpg

Angle
IMG_2361.jpg

It looks higher than it really is. This was the minimum I could cut it because of the tube's base and the chop saw. I didnt feel like cutting down that many pieces with a cut off wheel.

Also, check out my man cave on its way to being clean, organized, tiled, and spiffier.
IMG_2355.jpg

New storage rack. Was tired of working on it last night and had to cram all the junk back on the shelves (it was all scattered on the driveway... will reorganize later)
IMG_2356.jpg

IMG_2359.jpg

Roof rack is mounted up. Getting the hardware today to mount my bridging ladders and shovel to rack. Got a new folding crapepr for this weekend's trip. New water container.

New Shocks.
4 new shocks all around. I went with the Pro-Comp E3000 shocks. They are hydro and so far I am impressed and pleased. They soak up pot holes pretty well and I tested on a section of street where the concrete is completely chewed up and they handled that well also. The best part was the $33 per shock price tag. Thats nearly a quarter of the cost of Old Man Emu... Whenever I get the chance to ride in an OME equipped truck I'll report back.

I do want to order an OME steering stabilizer and install my ball joint spacers up front. Mr. Leary scored a full length add-a-leaf set for my truck and I'm interested to see how they do. Otherwise, i am still interested in getting some lift springs for the back.

Pics of truck in a bit.

I have pretty much come to the conclusion that I would like to do a motor swap in this truck once I get my FJ60...

I am beckoning the responses from the wizards who know... what should I do? I'm more concerned about ease of install and more POWA' !!!

Motors that I am considering are the Supra 7MGE and Toyota 3.4L. The supra might be easier, with the purchase of a donor car. The 3.4 seems to have better numbers for my truck and may require more parts scrounging.

Any other motors that I should consider?

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
1KZ-T 3.0L I4 TURBO DIESEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hardest bit about it is finding a good price on an R150/1 5spd to put behind it. IMO that is THE only swap for me...

THe 3.4 is appearently really easy (TONS of build threads and what not to read about it and others. Look on Marlins board because the do ALOT of engine swaps into their own personal rigs), Also, when I was looking originaly I also really likes the sound of the 2.7L 3RZ 4cyl. A good torque curve is nice to have to get all that mass rolling.

D

Deleted member 9101

I have pretty much come to the conclusion that I would like to do a motor swap in this truck once I get my FJ60...

I am beckoning the responses from the wizards who know... what should I do? I'm more concerned about ease of install and more POWA' !!!

Motors that I am considering are the Supra 7MGE and Toyota 3.4L. The supra might be easier, with the purchase of a donor car. The 3.4 seems to have better numbers for my truck and may require more parts scrounging.

Any other motors that I should consider?

How about a small block chevy?

1KZ-T 3.0L I4 TURBO DIESEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hardest bit about it is finding a good price on an R150/1 5spd to put behind it. IMO that is THE only swap for me...

THe 3.4 is appearently really easy (TONS of build threads and what not to read about it and others. Look on Marlins board because the do ALOT of engine swaps into their own personal rigs), Also, when I was looking originaly I also really likes the sound of the 2.7L 3RZ 4cyl. A good torque curve is nice to have to get all that mass rolling.

A friend will be starting the 1KZ-TE swap soon. He actually has two motors and trannys sitting in his garage! (auto tranny). But we have determined it would cost around 5-6k to swap it into my 4runner.:Wow1:
Eduardo (with the 2 motors) is a diesel freak. He swapped the stock diesel into his first gen runner. Is working on a 2nd gen trooper stock diesel swap. Has a FJ80 in the driveway waiting on a 4BT and an NV4500. But he is a physicist, with no kids, and only one real hobby.:coffee:

Bones

Observer
But he is a physicist, with no kids, and only one real hobby.

And he still doesn't have the time............

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy