1st Gen Hilux 3RZ build thread - Stoffregen Motorsports

I have seen some real hack jobs where people cut the inner fender wells for shock clearance. A lot of those hack jobs crack over time. I wanted mine both strong and visually appealing.

Made the cut in a shape to mimic the shock hoops.

Then I added some reinforcement.

It doesn't look very nice, but I added some 16 ga steel to the outside of the inner fender well all the way from the cab to the radiator support. The truck had already cracked here so I knew this was really not optional.

This was the perfect time to bend up all the brake, clutch, fuel and emissions lines.

Brake lines with rear proportioning valve.

Here's the fuel and evap lines. The fuel feed line in 3/8" with -6 AN tube nuts at the junctions. I welded on a bracket to the firewall so I could fasten a bulkhead fitting there where the line turns from hard line to braided stainless. The brake lines are visible too.

MikeBoyle

Observer
Great looking 1st gen. I want to do the 3rz swap into my crawler one of these days. Any chance you would consider selling a set of those frame plates you made? My next major undertaking on mine is to redo the front suspension and I could really use a set of those plates!

Great looking 1st gen. I want to do the 3rz swap into my crawler one of these days. Any chance you would consider selling a set of those frame plates you made? My next major undertaking on mine is to redo the front suspension and I could really use a set of those plates!

I could sell you a set. Inners and outers? With the box relocated? I make the inners out of 10 ga and the outers out of 3/16" steel.

Well I guess I'll finish this thread, but it doesn't seem like anybody is listening.

Anyway, motor back out and paint frame waiting for cab.

All clean and metal etched.

Painted low gloss black (chassis black).

Mertens

I've been subscribed since I saw the clean first gen you started with! Been following the whole time just wishing mine was as clean as this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad