1st Gen Hilux 3RZ build thread - Stoffregen Motorsports

Simons

Adventurer
Just sitting back and taking it all in brother.
I'm also admiring your shop, great space, and you keep it very tidy in there.

Just sitting back and taking it all in brother.
I'm also admiring your shop, great space, and you keep it very tidy in there.

Thanks. I don't have a huge shop and I try to be self contained, which means having heavy metal tools, sheet metal tools, machining tools, mechanical tools, engine stands, axle stands, lifts, storage, etc. In the summer time it's pretty easy to keep a clean shop because all the vehicles I am not currently working on can be stored outside, but when winter comes, they all have to come inside, which makes it very tight. Currently I can only focus on one project at a time, even with the two lifts. I need to do a MAJOR re-arranging soon so I can handle more than one at a time. That is going to take at least a couple of weeks. Anyone want to help?

It has to be clean or I lose my focus.

Cab interior and front clip painted. Time to start assembly.

The first parts are always the most fun.

Dropping the cab onto the chassis. I used the original body mounts since they were in great shape.

dstn2bdoa

Adventurer

Ain't that the truth. I can't even start working unless everything is clean and tidy. If I get stuck, or frustrated with something I pick up the broom and sweep the garage. It helps clear the head.

I've also been subscribed for a while now. Keep posting, we're watching.

Adventurous

Explorer
Thanks. I don't have a huge shop and I try to be self contained, which means having heavy metal tools, sheet metal tools, machining tools, mechanical tools, engine stands, axle stands, lifts, storage, etc. In the summer time it's pretty easy to keep a clean shop because all the vehicles I am not currently working on can be stored outside, but when winter comes, they all have to come inside, which makes it very tight. Currently I can only focus on one project at a time, even with the two lifts. I need to do a MAJOR re-arranging soon so I can handle more than one at a time. That is going to take at least a couple of weeks. Anyone want to help?

If I was local enough to help I would; alas, I am not. I have been and continue to be impressed by everything you are doing in house and would love to see pictures of the facility that makes that all possible.

Mertens

OP this ain't pirate 4x4, none of us here are going to bad mouth your welds and nit pick every design detail. On this forum your more likely to get respectful on lookers to your work.

Silence isn't a bad thing.

Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP this ain't pirate 4x4, none of us here are going to bad mouth your welds and nit pick every design detail. On this forum your more likely to get respectful on lookers to your work.

Silence isn't a bad thing.

Keep up the good work!

You caught my drift.

Thanks.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
You mentioned that the exterior of the truck will be a different color than the interior. Did you just clearcoat the primer sealer on the interior, engine bay and inner fenders? Or, is that a close shade of gray paint?

Mertens

You mentioned earlier possible use of coil overs? Just curious as to seeing it go back together with stock leaf spring hanger locations even?

What springs are those in there now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad