1st Gen Hilux 3RZ build thread - Stoffregen Motorsports

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
I think everyone is just sitting in stunned silence, but definitely following along. Love great fab work.

Dwill817

Toyota Fanatic!
Two thumbs up! :) you do beautiful work!

That shackle should settle in nice after you get the body on! Taking my shackles from this "|" to "/" was probably the biggest improvement in my ride quality.

MikeBoyle

Observer
Someday I wish my first gen could be half as nice as this one is turning out. Seeing as you are using the Taco steering column, I take it you are going to incorporate the entire Taco wiring harness as opposed to a stand alone?

I've been subscribed since I saw the clean first gen you started with! Been following the whole time just wishing mine was as clean as this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think everyone is just sitting in stunned silence, but definitely following along. Love great fab work.

This is the first thread I have started on this forum since I joined here. I am not used to silence, but more used to the madhouse of other forums. I'm not used to radio silence. Thanks for paying attention and I hope you guys enjoy it.

Two thumbs up! :) you do beautiful work!

That shackle should settle in nice after you get the body on! Taking my shackles from this "|" to "/" was probably the biggest improvement in my ride quality.

This truck was used by the previous owner to haul gravel in to the Rubicon trail for trail maintenance, probably close to 1000 pounds a load, so he had it sprung very stiff. From the beginning the shackle angle was vertical, I even had to pull a leaf out of the leaf packs just to get it comfortable, which in turn will relax the shackle. I plan on using a long bed so I will be relocating the rear axle anyway, which will allow me to put the shackle where I want it in the rear.

Good eyes. A lot of people overlook the shackle.

Someday I wish my first gen could be half as nice as this one is turning out. Seeing as you are using the Taco steering column, I take it you are going to incorporate the entire Taco wiring harness as opposed to a stand alone?

Yep. Using the Tacoma harness from tip to toe. I'm thinning out some stuff though like the airbag harness. I bet that's 3 pounds right there...! I am keeping the cruise control though and using the Tacoma gauge cluster which will require heavy mods to the dash. You'll see when I get there.

jds0912

Adventurer
Lookin' good man. I'm still watching this for sure. Stalking your photobucket a little as well :Astrologist::drool:

Dwill817

Toyota Fanatic!
Yep. Using the Tacoma harness from tip to toe. I'm thinning out some stuff though like the airbag harness. I bet that's 3 pounds right there...! I am keeping the cruise control though and using the Tacoma gauge cluster which will require heavy mods to the dash. You'll see when I get there.

A friend and I just fit a Tacoma dash to a first gen for a 3rz the other day. It actually wasn't near as bad as I expected. Should be pretty easy for you.

A friend and I just fit a Tacoma dash to a first gen for a 3rz the other day. It actually wasn't near as bad as I expected. Should be pretty easy for you.

I have it fit, but I want to fit race/ham radio, GPS, ARB switches, stereo, etc, so I am modifying it extensively to house all that equipment...and have it look like it was made for it.

Got the cab back from the blasters. I bring all my stuff to American Stripping in Sacramento. They blasted the paint and rust off and sprayed it with a primer sealer for protection. Since I didn't want to grind through the primer to do any more fab work, I made sure all the fab work was done before it went to blasting.

I had Jason Armstrong of Armstrong Paintworks come to my place to shoot the interior, underside and front clip so I could start assembling the truck. The exterior is going to be a different color than the interior. I did this on purpose. I hope it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad