1st Generation Toyota 4Runner's.....

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date
FINALLY!
Found a good one that im going to get.
3p43o53l65Qf5Pd5R39c1b5592304caf1129a.jpg

$2500, 22re 5spd good body with no rust on or under. Good tires and aftermarketwheels. Has a minor leak on the power steering gear box, but it felt fine. The motor was rebuilt about 50k ago as well as the tranny...
The overall bad news is 280k on it, but it is definately the cleanest truck i've seen.

The truck feels right to me, so I'm going to go for it. Still going to try and talk him down a bit.

9mmMike

FINALLY!
Found a good one that im going to get.
3p43o53l65Qf5Pd5R39c1b5592304caf1129a.jpg

$2500, 22re 5spd good body with no rust on or under. Good tires and aftermarketwheels. Has a minor leak on the power steering gear box, but it felt fine. The motor was rebuilt about 50k ago as well as the tranny...
The overall bad news is 280k on it, but it is definately the cleanest truck i've seen.

The truck feels right to me, so I'm going to go for it. Still going to try and talk him down a bit.

Cool. Looks lifted.

Cool. Looks lifted.

Just has a 1" block in the back, maybe torsion crank. If I can find a discounted ARB bumper I'll probably get that and ball joint spacers and leave it pretty much how it is, maybe a 1" body lift so that I can fit 32 or 33" tires.

Just ordered an Aussie locker!

That's a lot of shopping for a truck you don't have yet. :Wow1: :p

Yeh yeh, well, I havent bought the muffler (that the truck needs) or the molded vinyl carpet replacement, or any of the very few minor things that this particular truck needs.... so, the snorkel and aussie locker are things i plan to put into it or whichever 4runner I get. :costumed-smiley-007

Will be:smiley_drive:tonight.

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
Yeh yeh, well, I havent bought the muffler (that the truck needs) or the molded vinyl carpet replacement, or any of the very few minor things that this particular truck needs.... so, the snorkel and aussie locker are things i plan to put into it or whichever 4runner I get. :costumed-smiley-007

Will be:smiley_drive:tonight.

Just let me know when you are ready to pull it apart. I'll prep the workspace! :)

Just let me know when you are ready to pull it apart. I'll prep the workspace! :)

Maybe this weekend, Mike. I want to do some maintenance things... fluid changes, fuel filter change, etc. Most of that I can do at my place, I'll just have to clear the bikes out of the garage!:)

Budweiser, right Mike?:sombrero:

Aggie

Adventurer
Bring it to Toyota of Dallas on Saturday morning for a Meet and Greet and Safety Recovery class. I would love to see it!

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
Bring it to Toyota of Dallas on Saturday morning for a Meet and Greet and Safety Recovery class. I would love to see it!

Another meet and greet?... Details on the website? Maybe a quick trip to Bridgeport after?

Aggie

Adventurer
exactly. It is actually an FJ Cruiser Meet and Greet, but Toyota of Dallas and TRDParts4U are putting on a little safety class and then everyone is heading out to bridgeport. Should be a big time!

TRDParts4u previously said: View Post
We're planning on coffee and donuts starting at 8AM. We'll meet up in the west parking lot of Toyota of Dallas like we did for the Swap Meet.

8:30 Recovery Gear Overview: How this stuff works and why you need.
9:15 Highlift Jack basics, CO2 and compressors

We hope to be on the road to Bridgeport by 10AM. Check the link below. The park fee is $25.00 per SUV, cash or check. They do not require the Texas OHV Decal to enter the park, but the TPWD does spot check the park. Locations to purchase the decal: TPWD: Where to Buy a Texas OHV Decal - Off Highway Vehicle Program

The City of Bridgeport posts up on their website on Thursday whether or not the park will be open that weekend:
Bridgeport, TX - Official Website - Northwest OHV Park The park closes at 5PM. We'll be calling Thursday to verify also.

Thanks,
Gerone
866-233-4305

Valkyrie previously said: View Post
Talked with the fine Marines & Sailors up the road from TOD and it turns out there's a few wheelers in the group!

Not only will they be there with "official-type" vehicles to personally collect Toys For Tots, but they would like to tag along with their own rigs to Bridgeport and go wheeling with everyone afterwards. One more thing- if you cannot make it but would still like to donate an unwrapped toy, you can drop it by the internet office at TOD and give it to me, Barb, Jacque or Gerone and we'll make sure it is safeguarded until the event.

As a reminder, toys may be for either boys and girls, newborn to 17 years old. Due to health regulations, it must be a new, unwrapped toy to be distributed.

You can also donate money, and if you choose to do so, please make your check payable to: Toys for Tots".

Thanks everyone!

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
As long as I won't get run off for bringing my 4Runner, I'm interested. Price target for toy ($20, $50 ?)

Aggie

Adventurer
Price target is whatever you want to bring. I will be in my Power Wagon so I can guarantee you won't get run off. I will also be promoting the Lone Star Toyota Jamboree and Toyota Trail Riders so be careful of me or i might talk your head off. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy