1st Generation Toyota 4Runner's.....

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
Price target is whatever you want to bring. I will be in my Power Wagon so I can guarantee you won't get run off. I will also be promoting the Lone Star Toyota Jamboree and Toyota Trail Riders so be careful of me or i might talk your head off. ;)

I'm still thinking about joining TTR. Maybe a little more convincing will push me over the edge! :) See you there!

Aggie

Adventurer
Well I will talk to you about what we are and what we do. Heck I oughta be able to do that, seeing as how I am the President! Look forward to seeing you.

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
Just has a 1" block in the back, maybe torsion crank. If I can find a discounted ARB bumper I'll probably get that and ball joint spacers and leave it pretty much how it is, maybe a 1" body lift so that I can fit 32 or 33" tires.

Just ordered an Aussie locker!

I have 33 12.5's under mine with no lift just a little work with a hammer to flatten the pinch weld on the floor pan and roll the lip of the fender. trimmed about 6 inches of the fender liner. Then stock size and offset rims. I am going to go down to a 33x10.5 next set of tires.
Rear is leveled with the Napolift. Set of stock rear coils out of a Jeep Unlimited.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• napolift5.jpg
    napolift5.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 2,364
  • napolift6.jpg
    napolift6.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 2,557
  • napolift7.jpg
    napolift7.jpg
    608.6 KB · Views: 2,635
Bought the truck and brought her home! Pics in the morning. I need more interior lighting, and probably should clean the throttle body right away...

Truck drives and runs good! And I talked him down to $2300 :sombrero:

Grim, the truck looks good with 33s like that. But, I'm dumb enough to want a bit of lift... I too will probably go with 33x10.50 (BFG AT or MT) or 32x10.50 (Interco TSL Radial)

Last edited:

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Install a HD idler arm and some good tie rods. Leave the SAS to the rock crawlers. I drive an '84 Xcab. It has taken a lot of work to get it to work as well on dirt roads as an IFS and it works pretty well, but it still does not ride as nice. Those who don't have SAS think it's the answer to everything. It is not, it isn't even the answer to most things.

Install a HD idler arm and some good tie rods. Leave the SAS to the rock crawlers. I drive an '84 Xcab. It has taken a lot of work to get it to work as well on dirt roads as an IFS and it works pretty well, but it still does not ride as nice. Those who don't have SAS think it's the answer to everything. It is not, it isn't even the answer to most things.

One reason I didnt just hold out for an 85. I'm more interested in an overland build than a crawler build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy