1st Generation Toyota 4Runner's.....

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date

Buniq

I do wanna remove the top, for sure! The original owner never removed it due to fear of seals never sitting right again.

JasonRedwood

Explorer
When you do take the top off do it gingerly. The seal may be stuck to the topper on the roof area. The seal can tear when pulling it off. Maybe just slightly back it up a bit and use some Popsicle stick to help it release. Then give the gasket a good rub down with some conditioner like armer all or something. The soft top is the best mod I ever did.
Looks good!

dorton

#rockcreekoverland
Bump this thread to the top.
4a5yqaje.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

endlessearth

My 1989. 37s, lockers, 5.29s, Longfields, Chevy 63" rears and Trail Gear fronts. Cage, seats with harnesses, on-board air and custom rear rack system. Very impressed with how capable and bullet-proof it has been.

3.jpg2.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

dorton

#rockcreekoverland
Nice ride. How do the 63"s ride for you?

Here is a pic of mine after the redo.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364177004620.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364177004620.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 40

endlessearth

They ride great on the street and flex great on the rocks. Since they are soft every now and they bang off the stops if the trail is really bumpy and I am flying along at a good clip. Wouldnt be my recommendation for the rear springs on a prerunner but it could also be my shock set-up I suppose.

dorton

#rockcreekoverland
Thanks.
Are your rear shocks mounted like. " |_○_|" or "/_○_\" ?

Tanner.

New to the site. I've been lurking for a while but decided to finally join.

I currently have an '85 4Runner. It's pretty much 100% stock. Its my DD and have taken it on a couple 4x4 trips and camping up around Whistler, BC. Would like to turn it into an expedition vehicle one day; but for now it's going to stay stock until I have more money to put into it.

1985 Toyota 4Runner by Ta-Ki, on flickr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal