1st Generation Toyota 4Runner's.....

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date

kyle808

Kyle. Look into the zuk mod. I used 3rd gen rear 4runner coils. Gave it a nice lift and smooth when loaded up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ive been thinking about it, but i think if I'm gonna fix it, its gonna be with Chevy 63s, with new shocks front and rear, and
1.5" ball joint spacers up front….. Might as well do it all at once. Then wheels and tires once I get more money.

Maverick1701

Adventurer
It must have taken you ages to find that post! That was a good trip, in quite a few ways.

lol yea it did take a while...when I find a thread that I like I save it so I can run through each page individually and see all the 4x4 pr0n.
This thread has 59 pages so it took a while...

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Ive been thinking about it, but i think if I'm gonna fix it, its gonna be with Chevy 63s, with new shocks front and rear, and
1.5" ball joint spacers up front….. Might as well do it all at once. Then wheels and tires once I get more money.

That's similar to my old set up. Bj spacer. OME shocks all around. Zul rear. Ran it for a year and loved it. I have since gone to LT up front and have a set of 63s that I'm debating about doing. Your local to me as well and ilove wheeling bald

dorton

#rockcreekoverland
I can't imagine a better ride than the 63's in the back of mine. Those, and the Bilsteins, ride as good as anything I've ever driven.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I can't imagine a better ride than the 63's in the back of mine. Those, and the Bilsteins, ride as good as anything I've ever driven.

I don't have any sway bars and afraid the softer 63s may make it sway even more. Guess I could get it installed and leave the stock mounts alone till I know for sure.

dorton

#rockcreekoverland
I don't have sway bars on mine either. Good stiff rear shocks are key, also mounting them vertically so you don't loose effectiveness is important.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I don't have sway bars on mine either. Good stiff rear shocks are key, also mounting them vertically so you don't loose effectiveness is important.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Good to know. I have OME shocks now but I'm sure I'll need to change them for the 63s. I wanna run Bilstein shocks. What you you running and which model. Length and stroke?

toyota_jon

Adventurer
They are a great upgrade. I'm running the mediums F/R and the only (minor) issue I have is when I'm all loaded up with the trailer the truck squats pretty good. So I'm planning on throwing and AAL in there at some point. But overall I would highly recommend OME.

Dwill817

Toyota Fanatic!
They are a great upgrade. I'm running the mediums F/R and the only (minor) issue I have is when I'm all loaded up with the trailer the truck squats pretty good. So I'm planning on throwing and AAL in there at some point. But overall I would highly recommend OME.

I assume you ordered through rocky road? I can't find anywhere else that has the kit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach