1st Generation Toyota 4Runner's.....

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date

corax

Explorer
ahh, now the fun part begins . . . where to start? Make sure you start a build thread when you decide or start your research ;)

Glides

I'll throw mine up here as well.

87 Runner.
22RE-T with a T3.T4 turbo on it.
TRD cam.
FMIC
7lbs of boost.
Body and suspension lift.
33's.

DSC01563.jpg

DSC01564.jpg

DSC01570.jpg

DSC01569.jpg

DSC01568.jpg

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Nice truck....BIGBOCK! Welcome to ExPo.

I showed my 12 volt plug mod long ago. Thought I would ad it here.

I put this 12 Volt plug in my rear passenger side arm pocket. I ran the power wire direct from the battery, and made the ground on a rear seat bolt. This pocket is removable, so I left extra wire down under so I could remove the pocket and move it to the rear of my truck if need be. Just drill out a small hole in your pocket and insert 12 volt plug.

Our sliding side windows are just above this plug. So at times I will even open up a window and plug in my 12 volt lantern to light up my campsite. The plug is Hot....no need to put your key in.

Now you have power for your rear passengers when seats are up. And you have rear power when seats are down and you are sleeping in the back!

2006_1112auxplug0002.jpg

2006_1112auxplug0001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Scenic WonderRunner

Extended Breathers............

Thought I would also add this mod here.

http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287&page=7 <~post #67

I finally got around to taking pics of my extended breathers.

For the REAR..........

I went to my Toyota Dealer and told him what I wanted to do. He came up with a part. Some 4x4 sites have stated that you can just go to Home Depot and use one of their brass fittings. But this is not true (I tried it). The thread count is different. Sure you could cram it on, but I don't work like that.

After choking on the price of fuel line hose at NAPA.........I stumbled upon the perfect fuel line hose sold by the foot at Lowes. Great price!

I inserted the Toyota brass fitting.

I ran the hose up along the inside of my gas tank filler area.

I put the old spring loaded factory breather back on the top end of my new hose and zip tied it way up as high as I could just behind the gas tank filler.

I left enough slak in the hose for articulation.

2006_0428RadiatorFlush0012.jpg

2006_0428RadiatorFlush0014.jpg

For the FRONT............

The new brass Toyota fitting would not work up front because it was too tall and I could not find another solution right away.

So I simply removed the TOP of the original factory spring loaded breather and clamped the hose right on it.

I ran the hose up to the pass. side firewall.

I'm looking for the right kind of air filter now. For now I have a clothes dryer sheet tied on the end to act as a filter. .....and my mechanic told me that he has customers who put these sheets around their engines because it keeps the mice and rats away because they don't like the smell!.....hum!

2006_0428RadiatorFlush0006.jpg

I guess at some point I should check on the tranny and transfer case breathers.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

This one!.....hehe

2006_0428RadiatorFlush0012.jpg

You will need to find a very knowledgeable and creative local Toyota parts dude!

I don't want to spend hours looking through my receipts to find the number. But they do have what you need! It was only a couple of bucks. The key is...you need the correct thread count!

corax

Explorer
. . . or run around a junkyard - carb intakes have the proper fitting

BTW, I've been running the clear plastic tubing found at most harware stores for >5 years with no problem. I don't even use a hose clamp, used my lighter to heat the tube so it would slip over the fitting and when it cooled it shrunk back down to an air tight fit over the barb. also,try to avoid any "dips" or low spots in the tube, condensate can collect there and freeze causing a restriction or blockage at which point pressure will build and push fluid past the seals.

SLC97SR5

Observer
My 1987 4Runner:

245,XXX miles, W-56, 4.7's, 4.56's, E-locker, 1.5" BJ Spacers, 33x12.5 Toyo MT's, 22R-E with mild cam and 2.5" exhaust.

MesquiteThanksgiving2009029.jpg

MesquiteThanksgiving2009030.jpg

MesquiteThanksgiving2009131.jpg

MesquiteThanksgiving2009114.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp