2001 Jeep XJ - 3" lift 31" tires + more

JackH

2001 XJ 4.0 High Output, $4500 obo - Denver, Colorado
C8.25 rear Dana 35 Front
242,000 miles
4WD Part-Time
3 inch lift (Zone Offroad, full new leaf packs, Nitro Shocks), 31 inch tires
SYE kit (advance adapters) with brand new rear driveshaft and rear axle shim

For very reluctant sale. But a growing family, and the ability to tow means I have to sell this rig. Got this XJ 2 years ago and kind of bought it on a whim as I'd been looking for one, and a friend of a friend had one he was getting rid of. It had 230K-ish miles when I got it and I was a little nervous of a high-mileage vehicle but this Jeep has been completely reliable. The only engine "problem" was the old crank sensor crapped out which I replaced. I've also replaced a Bunch of stuff over the last 2 years, mainly age related suspension and brake stuff, and some upgrades to make it "stronger", plus a Smittybilt X20 10K synthetic winch and XRC bumper. Full list of mods/work below.

I've taken this Jeep all over Colorado and out to Utah, never let me down, I love this Rig (maybe I'll just hide it from my wife...). I've daily driven it too for around year until I stopped recently.

The good stuff (I can remember):
  • 3 inch zone off-load lift with new leaf pack - no sag
  • 31 in tires with steel d window wheels
  • BF Goodrich ATs with decent tread left on them (plus 2 Hankook AT spare tires)
  • SYE advance adapters kit with brand new rear driveshaft (no T-case drop) also put a new chain in the t-case to stop slipping when in 4Low
  • A lower mileage rear diff, the old one got whiney so I swapped it out for a lower mileage unit, rear diff has also been shimmed to bring the driveshaft angle in-line
  • Brand new rear brakes, all replaced when I swapped out the diff
  • New Core 4x4 adjustable LCAs
  • New Dana/Spicer ball joints up front with less than 1000 miles on them
  • New Spicer u-joints on both hubs with less than 1k miles
  • New pads up front
  • New hub bearings
  • ZJ heavy duty tie rod swap with new tie rod ends
  • New adjustable track bar (rough country) so the axle is centered under the car
  • Smittybilt XRC front winch bumper with X20-10k Synthetic winch
  • Rear tow bar
  • LED headlights (best 30 bucks I ever spent on this car)
  • Body is straight, has never been cut or modified the frame rails are solid
Bad Stuff:
  • Cosmetically it looks tired, paint is faded and it has dents and some surface “rust” on the roof but its not bad at all, the only bad rust is on the rear passenger rear quarter, but you could just cut that out (see the photo)
  • Interior is a little messy, but in generally good condition
  • Has no stereo, previous owner fitted a massive sub and did a bodge job so now it needs some new speakers and head unit
  • Rear wiper doesn’t work - usual xj problem
  • AC doesn’t work as I had to disconnect it when I changed the heater core, just needs recharging
  • Windshield is cracked, but being in CO with the hail and then wheeling it, I never got around to changing it
  • One wheel has a pretty gnarly dent on the rim - bonked it when I was wheeling this summer but still holds air and I've been driving it like it
  • Struggles a little on I-70 in the mountains when its fully loaded, but its a 20 year old Jeep, just moves a little slow uphill sometimes
Heres a link to some photos of it on my driveway and then some "action shots" below https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=OE5ZcmIwUGg1eUtVUl9nOUJDcjFsTDc5MGdnV3pn

DSC_5910.jpg
DSC_5172.jpg
DSC_5922.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0182.jpg
    866 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC_0208.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members