2001 R50 Pathfinder Build-up.

SpongeX

Rust does a body good.
Discount tire direct has a deal on the at3 right now.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Wow the AT3 is 3 bucks more a tire then the deal I have for the General Grabbers.. I didn't know the AT2 from general were 160ish. I have seen them for sale all over for 140ish. The AT3 have an 80 bucks pre paid plus a 25 instant savings.. NICE! Too bad my current tires are seeming to wear like iron now after 40,000 miles so I have no idea when they will be replaced ( I cant put new tires on if the ones I have still have tread on them ) I have something.. against that I guess. Plus with 3 sets of different tires in my shed that were supposed to be seasonal rotation tires ( 1 set does that ) I don't want these to be the same way. Thank you for the heads-up though.

Allof75

Pathfinder
Let us know how you like the generals, that's another contender as a replacement tire (probably at least 6months out). I love my toyos but the somewhat finicky noise-to-rotating equation is annoying. Otherwise great tires, just looking at my options. :)

On wheels, can't wait to see pictures! And as far as expo bling, just surrender your wallet now. :D

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Let us know how you like the generals, that's another contender as a replacement tire (probably at least 6months out). I love my toyos but the somewhat finicky noise-to-rotating equation is annoying. Otherwise great tires, just looking at my options. :)

On wheels, can't wait to see pictures! And as far as expo bling, just surrender your wallet now. :D

I certainly will, I wont be purchasing them for a while because these Discoverers are lasting a while (granted they are not the tire they once were but unfortunately they still have tread so I don't want to purchase new ones). I got word today rims/wheels whatever you want to call them are coming on Tuesday.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Ordered a brake kit! I purchased the Powerstop Z16 Evolution brake rotor and pad kit. For 170 bucks it beat out piecing together kit individually. I didn't want drilled and slotted rotors but its hard to beat that price. I can always add hawk pads and SS lines later down if necessary so no worries there. It should be here Tuesday along with the Wheels.

richard310

pew pew
I hate it when people call wheels "rims". The entire assembly is called a wheel. The "Rim" is the outer barrel of a multi-piece wheel.

Did you order the brake kit from RockAuto?

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Okay so I will upload some photos when I get back but I have the new wheels on, The brake kit came in and will be installed next week. Also, I was given a set (2) of TJM TRED's for my birthday (1100 series) in red so that will match the jerry can out back. Today I picked up the metal and hardware needed for the jerry can holder so I will get started on that probably tomorrow. As far as the little things, I got new windshield wipers haha. Today I am headed to the local stores to see if I can pick up a pelican like case that is similar in size to the jerry can. The jerry can holder I am making is essentially a basket with a lid that uses a hasp to lock it shut. I figure when I am not using the jerry holder I can put that case in there with my recovery straps and shackles. I was thinking about it and I found that I would have to open my hatch all the way and pull my drawer all the way open to get to those straps. So far, that hasn't been that big of a deal but I would like to make it more convenient if possible.
`
Stay tuned!

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
More Updates (With Photos this time)

P1010951.jpg
Well here is the new stash... I guess my dog isn't new but anyways lets get to the close ups.
P1010952.jpg
This is the Z16 or Z61 brake upgrade kit from Powerstop.. I forget what order the numbers were, anyways it had great reviews and fit the bill quite nicely. I may change to SS lines and the better pads when these pads wear out but it saved me a lot of money buying this kit instead of piecing it together.
The quality of the rotors looks good and damn they are heavy! That is good though. We will see how well this improves the braking on the Pathfinder. Every hole on the rotor you essentially lose braking space but I have never driven this over 93 so im not too worried about needing that extra square inch
of area lost. Maybe the holes will allow the water to drain off the rotors faster, who knows. All I know is the kit was inexpensive but highly praised.
P1010953.jpg
These are the TRED's I got. They are very stout for being a plastic material. The cover came with them but I will more than likely not be using it. I am glad she got these for me, this summer I will be more brave and try some of the trails I have turned away from before.
Some reviews said the knobs chipped off after using them. I found out that was with a very heavy land cruiser with heavy mud tires and lots of torque. Being lighter and using them more carefully should net better results but time will tell.
P1010954.jpg
I assume you all know a Jerry can. The local ranch store has these on sale for 24 dollars so I grabbed one. I was very close to going with the rotopax because of how thin they are but with those rotopax, the mounts get expensive, the spouts don't seem well received, and 40 bucks more for half the gas, the
choice was easy.

Last edited:

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Wheels! (Getting Rid of Ghetto, little by little)

P1010946.jpg
P1010949.jpg
P1010948.jpg
Okay so away went the black spray painted wheels and I got these Cragar's. I didn't really want to get new wheels but after asking a lot of the local knowledge base here on the interweb, it was either this or wheel spacers. I like the idea of wheel spacers for money savings.. but
then I would still have spray painted rims that were chipping off. This was only to let the larger tire clear the strut when that time comes. I have a photo of a 235/85 mounted as well as my stock on from front to back respectively so you could see the difference... Its honestly not
that much. He did mount up a 255/85 ( a perfect 33x10 ) to see what that would look like. Crazy enough, those would actually fit as well. This shocked me bit time. Now the problem with that larger size would be in the rear. They would hit my fender well when flexing so I figure I
can stay at the 32 size and not worry about anything. However If I feel like I want bigger.. I know it will work ( that is if my springs stay at this height ). Anyways these wheels stuck the tire out a little bit but nothing crazy. It just sticks them past the body maybe .5 inch or so
which looks good to me. That first picture you can really see how small my tires seem. Anyways I like the wheels. They look good and only added 30ish pounds total so Im good with that. I also no longer worry about repainting them. They came with chrome caps that I may make
black and put them on the rear. But that would happen this summer when the paint can fully cure ( it snowed here about 6 inches 2 nights ago ).
`
Anyways that is what I have so far. A picture of angle iron and flat strap would be kinda boring but I will throw up a sketch here once I am starting it.
`
Cheers!

stioc

Expedition Leader
Lots of cool stuff there! Can't wait to see it all installed.

Tires...bigger are always cool but not always needed or wanted. The biggest concern on a daily driver would be the stock gearing. I also don't think you can get away with the 33" tires without some good amount of trimming. Sure while the truck is stationary they'll fit but flex a little or even back out with the steering wheel fully cranked you'll see what I mean. Good choice on the wheels.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Sounds good, are you going to put your TREDs on the rear tire?

As of right now, its hard to say. I think they will eventually end up there but I am also looking at putting pins up through the cross bars on my roof to be able to attach them on the cross bars if im not using the roof rack and want to take those.
There is a couple thoughts as of right now to where I want to put them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy