2001 R50 Pathfinder Build-up.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Lots of cool stuff there! Can't wait to see it all installed.

Tires...bigger are always cool but not always needed or wanted. The biggest concern on a daily driver would be the stock gearing. I also don't think you can get away with the 33" tires without some good amount of trimming. Sure while the truck is stationary they'll fit but flex a little or even back out with the steering wheel fully cranked you'll see what I mean. Good choice on the wheels.

Agreed on all parts. It was amazing how much larger those looked compared to the 32's mounted up! The one main benefit I am seeing with the smaller tires is when I drive through the snow and slush on cold days ( 29 or below ) the other vehicles have a large
build-up of ice filling their wheel wells so the tire rubs on the ice while driving. I have yet to experience that. The only issue I keep getting is the brake lines that follow down the lower control arms get ice caught around them and the ice pulls them and causes
them to droop. I will look into a way to secure them better in the very near future.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Jerry holder question

On the base of the Jerry can holder where the can would be sitting on the holder... should I put felt or some rubber stops to keep the metal on metal to a minimum? I would imagine the can being able to wiggle around slightly even
if I am able to build it near perfect. The slight wiggling might not be good for the can. Any input? Oh and 300 post count sounds good to me!

mortonm

Expedition Leader
33s sound nice but you will be happier sticking with the 235 85s. Your gaining basically a half inch of ground clearance, I don't think its worth it.

Sometimes, less is more

marty1977

Adventurer
View attachment 221013
Well here is the new stash... I guess my dog isn't new but anyways lets get to the close ups.
View attachment 221014
This is the Z16 or Z61 brake upgrade kit from Powerstop.. I forget what order the numbers were, anyways it had great reviews and fit the bill quite nicely. I may change to SS lines and the better pads when these pads wear out but it saved me a lot of money buying this kit instead of piecing it together.
The quality of the rotors looks good and damn they are heavy! That is good though. We will see how well this improves the braking on the Pathfinder. Every hole on the rotor you essentially lose braking space but I have never driven this over 93 so im not too worried about needing that extra square inch
of area lost. Maybe the holes will allow the water to drain off the rotors faster, who knows. All I know is the kit was inexpensive but highly praised.
View attachment 221015
These are the TRED's I got. They are very stout for being a plastic material. The cover came with them but I will more than likely not be using it. I am glad she got these for me, this summer I will be more brave and try some of the trails I have turned away from before.
Some reviews said the knobs chipped off after using them. I found out that was with a very heavy land cruiser with heavy mud tires and lots of torque. Being lighter and using them more carefully should net better results but time will tell.
View attachment 221016
I assume you all know a Jerry can. The local ranch store has these on sale for 24 dollars so I grabbed one. I was very close to going with the rotopax because of how thin they are but with those rotopax, the mounts get expensive, the spouts don't seem well received, and 40 bucks more for half the gas, the
choice was easy.

Ahhhh ..the brakes look awesome that is for sure on my list now, for now mine are not bad but will get some good stuff in the future and im sure you will have some fun with your TREDS this summer.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Oh I thought you already ordered them haha. Well either way looking good!

Oh heavens no! haha I have to keep money for gas to try these out. Also A shop is installing the brakes so that will be about 110 bucks or so. I have a guaranteed price for the grabbers so I don't have to worry about them going up.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Ahhhh ..the brakes look awesome that is for sure on my list now, for now mine are not bad but will get some good stuff in the future and im sure you will have some fun with your TREDS this summer.

The brake kit was under 200 bucks so it was an easy choice. I already have to trails plotted out on the map. Now just have to wait until summer... I'd be kinda bummed if I finished my front bumper before the snow melts. I would have
a winch at that point so the treds might not see as much action. Ill make a point to use them though!

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Where'd you source the power stop rotors? I may do the same...

Auto accessories.com if I were to buy just the slotted rotors it would have been more than this drilled/slotted rotors and pads combo. Crazy weird but the pads themselves had good reviews on summit racing so I was sold.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
33s sound nice but you will be happier sticking with the 235 85s. Your gaining basically a half inch of ground clearance, I don't think its worth it.

Sometimes, less is more

Whoa sorry I missed your comment! Yeah i think instead of not 'worth it'... Would be 'not plausible'. But your right. It is only half inch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy