2001 R50 Pathfinder Build-up.

richard310

pew pew
Yeah thats the same kit. Hows it working out for you?

Well, it's stopping the X so it's working :) The bite is pretty good for a pad I've never used before. No warping whatsoever, but it hasn't been too long yet. So far so good for the price!

I also got the Raybestos rear drum shoes as well.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
ExPo Bling for FREE!

Last bit of bling for the truck unless I talk myself into a snorkel... Got a black trasharoo for free from my gf's mom. Too cool. So I have to give a shout out to MULE Expedition Outfitters for hooking me up with the TRED's and trasharoo. Fast shipping and they love sending stickers.
Im off to the flat state of Nebraska right now but when I get back Monday Ill hook everything up to the tire and see how it looks.
`
Side note, I will be getting this case because it is about the same size as the jerry can. I will probably fill it with Pelican pull and pick foam so I can have a good fit for the shackles and tow straps... That or just put bed liner on the inside so its nice and tough. The mount is coming
along but will be put on hold until Monday. Ill update pictures when I go and finish it (right now im not sold on my design).
`
Oh and probably Monday if I don't work I will go back to the first page and organize it a little better with a Modification list and proper headers. Can anyone tell me why my pictures wont show up for people unless they are signed in?

stioc

Expedition Leader
Lots of nice parts lately can't wait to see the truck all kitted out. I like the fact that your whole family supports your hobby and efforts...very cool to see.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Pictures and Bad Welding

So I put on the TRED's and the Trasharoo today to see if I knew a good way to mount the TRED's. Well I have these bungee chords that have a blue ball on the end of them and make a hoop on the other side. That blue ball just happens to be large enough to fit through the holes on the TRED's, so I placed one of those through each hole and connected them together by making an X with bungee chords behind the tire. They are held on very well and can be unmounted quite easily as well... Only problem will be remounting them. Its not like it takes a looong time, but its not expedited. Anyways ExPo is not liking windows 8 I suppose so I will try to upload them on a different computer.

SpongeX

Rust does a body good.
I'll be interested to see how those sand ladders work. I've heard some models are a little more fragile but the price is much better.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
I'll be interested to see how those sand ladders work. I've heard some models are a little more fragile but the price is much better.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk

I see myself only using them in snow or mud where the pressure shouldn't be too severe for them. I think where they find trouble is when they are used on rocky terrain as a ramp or bridge. We shall see how these do.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Jerry Can Holder

So this only took about half hour to do (that's probably why the welds are crap) so I am far from finished. Today I will be adding the hasp, adding horizontal stability bars throughout it. I will be adding some expanded metal where the gas cap is to keep it more secure or I may do the entire thing in that mesh. Also, I will be grinding everything down nice and smooth. I am looking to see if there is a good way to attach it to the swingarm not permanently. Sure, I could always weld it on but was thinking about making it removable. I still gotta figure that out but I have enough to keep me semi-occupied today.
P1010961.jpg
The hinge sits above the frame so I will have to work that down which should be easy. Once I'm done the lid will be flat.
P1010963.jpg
I will be cutting off the overhanging hinge pieces.
P1010962.jpg
All the hardware I had was powder coated so welding that was interesting. It starts to catch on fire and makes a reek smell so I had a lot of air running through the garage.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Rear Bumper is Done!!

Got the Jerry holder mounted up, painted and good to go. Im glad to be finally done with the rear bumper.. unfortunately now the winch is calling my name so Ill get started on the front bumper here asap.
`
The holder has weather stripping lined throughout it to keep the can from rattling around. The adhesive doesn't seem to want to stick so I may super glue it on or find something else. Anyways I'm sold on how I didn't have to
move my license plate. That was my biggest worry. So after I welded it onto the swing arm, I didn't take the linch-pin out and it no longer has clearance to go through the top. So I cut that out and buy another one, great thing
about this type of pin is the ability to use them upside down. Ill be keeping the little carabineer on the hasp unless I have something in there, then I can throw on a lock. On the lid, I had to add a piece of
that weather-stripping because when I open it up, It makes contact with the glass. The last thing I want it to open this up in a hurry and crack that glass.
`
Some photos.
P1010966.jpg
P1010967.jpg
P1010968.jpg
`
This project didn't take me very long at all. Im becoming more familiar with how the welder works. Once I get a metal miter saw I will go to town on the front bumper. Based on how the settings worked for
1/8" stock, I see myself using that for most of the bumper except the winch mount and bumper mounts. I have a nice picture in my head of how I want it to look. Lets make it happen.
`
P1010965.jpg
`
Cheers

Attachments

• P1010967.jpg
    P1010967.jpg
    534.3 KB · Views: 5
  • P1010968.jpg
    P1010968.jpg
    531 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

richard310

pew pew
Nice job on the jerry can holder! I did the same with mine, lining the contact points with weather stripping so the can doesnt rattle about in its home.

richard310

pew pew
The adhesive on yours has held up?

Kind of sort of. It's held up so far about a month in the sun. We havent had any horrid weather so I can't say how much longer it would have lasted. Id look into something more permanent... or at least have enough extra to replace those that have fallen off.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Kind of sort of. It's held up so far about a month in the sun. We havent had any horrid weather so I can't say how much longer it would have lasted. Id look into something more permanent... or at least have enough extra to replace those that have fallen off.

Nice, Im currently looking into alternatives to cut down on the rattling and rubbing and may have an idea.... Ill post it up if it works out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy