2001 R50 Pathfinder Build-up.

Camelfilter

Explorer
Glad I could help! I am on the phone right now so cant tell.. What do you drive now? At least its not sitting in a for sale lot like the truck my dad sold to this guy.

I stayed Nissan.

When I was looking for Frontiers, the value on the Titans was too good to pass on. I'm on my second one now, here's how it looks currently. I have sliders sitting in my dining room. I'm debating wether to have them bedlined vs rattle can bedliner them.

image.jpg

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Next Trip Planning...Cody, WY

Well guys, I am lucky enough to live very close to some excellent terrain in the Roosevelt National Forest, Medicine Bow national Forest, Routt National Forest, and Wyoming Red Desert. But Wyoming has too many good scenes to not get out and explore! I will be living in the southern part of the state for a long time so I have all kinds of time to check out the places I mentioned. So my travels now will be to the more northern part of the state. Cody, WY is my first stop. If anyone is a fly fisher... Cody is one of the best locations in the world.
`
Here are the sights I mentioned:
tumblr_mdhue4MIYz1rwlt7do1_500.jpg
Wyoming Red Desert
`
snowy range.jpg
Snowy Range area I frequent (Medicine Bow NF)
`
ArapahoeNF504.jpg
Arapaho/Roosevelt NF
`
stelprdb5126529.jpg
Routt NF
`
`
No, those photos are not taken by me. Anyways my next stop is Cody, WY and here is why:
`
653_YYO54_Cody_WY_Attractions_Clarks_Fork_md.jpg
2152_17750_Cody_Wyoming_Motorcycle_Tours_md.jpg
19862_11922_Cody_Wyoming_Clarks_Fork_md.jpg
It should be a fun week and a half
`
Cheers

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Hey thanks! Enjoy your trip (jealous), check out a rodeo in Cody if you have the time. I think they have the night rodeo for the summer.

After living in the city with the largest outdoor rodeo in the country I think ill pass. The Cheyenne Frontier Days aka 'The Daddy of em All' is here every summer and is a huge rodeo. But anyways I will be making the trip in about a week and a half if everything pans out well.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Adding some personal touches

So today while I was waiting for the UPS guys (still waiting) I decided to do some stuff to the pathfinder. Oh and my snatch block came in. I shouldn't have to picture that because... Its a snatch block.
`
First up.. okay I guess this was more like 2 days ago but anyways... so maybe you remember the exhaust tip I put on after cutting the resonator off? That held up about as well as Id hoped a 12 dollar piece of pipe would. It started rusting pretty bad so I took the steel brush wheel on the grinder and cleaned it up then sprayed it black with high heat black paint. In not going to lie... I will probably be getting a real exhaust setup done sometime and when that happens Ill make the whole thing black. I seriously dig this look for some reason.
IMG_0399 (1).jpg
`
As for today's project, I went ahead and made a front grill. When I installed the winch I had to cut out a piece of the grill to accommodate it. I ended up cutting more than was necessary and the gf really disliked it. Who could blame her though? It was a weird hole missing for no reason. Anyways I purchased some aluminum sheet and made up some grill with a much more refined cut for that winch box. I think it looks good. I just plasti-dipped it to act as a primer (aluminum doesn't like paint very much) then the plan was to paint it tan like the skids. That seemed like a bad idea as I was getting the paint out so I left it black. I think it turned out pretty sweet. In this photo you can also see the handle for the winch (clutch engagement lever) is black as well. That darn thing caught the sun no matter what I did so I made it flat black. I like it better now.
IMG_0396 (1).jpg
`
I am still waiting for the delivery service to get here so I can mount the shackles to the bumper and get my winch hook isolator installed. I decided to paint the shackles tan instead of red. I have a feeling it wont turn out how I am hoping but I believe it will be okay for me. As for the shiny screws holding the grill on... What do you guys think? Should they go black? I have to take the grill off and grind the edges so they don't have any burs or points sticking out so I could paint the screws then but the shiny helps out the winch a little in terms of color.
`
Cheers and Input please!

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Finished for today!

Well literally 3 mins after I posted the first one today the doorbell rang, the ups guy had delivered! I was very excited and here is what I made happen:
`
First up was/is the winch isolator. This is just a highly dense piece of rubber-like material that is squeezed in between the rollers and it keeps the hook nice and out of the way. With my license plate mount I knew it would be tight but I could modify if need be. What I had to do was trim the lips on the Mag Lite mounts that were facing the center of the fairlead, then I took the isolator to my bench grinder and shaved a groove into the side of the isolator. This groove is where the mag lite mounts would slide into. Well I got it done and now the license plate sits slightly higher than it did but it is still able to pop off (slightly more difficult now) and now I don't have the winch cable sticking down. It seemed to work well.
IMG_0407 (1).jpg
`
After that was the clevis mounts from Rough Country. They fit the bumper nice and snug and seem very well made. The galvanized look most shackles have would look out of place on my vehicle so I painted them. This tan color is the same as my skid plates and is similar to my vehicle color. I am really glad I chose to use the brown and not the red.
IMG_0411 (1).jpg
`
So here she is sitting pretty..sorry about the bad photo. I have no idea how to make the sun less intense to where it lights up the background but doesn't wash out the image. Ill learn that soon enough.
IMG_0412 (1).jpg
`
Cheers!

marty1977

Adventurer
Kyle the truck looks great and i dig the black exhaust. Like i mention in my post my exhaust split in half last time i was out driving and I'm fixing it now and i did also get the black mat 1200F paint to paint it and i was little lazy do actually do it as I'm need of the new one as well but looking at your picture give me the motivation to do it. Thx brother.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
By the way, when the sun is washing everything out, you need to bump the shutter speed up a little bit. You might have to do some experimenting, because if your shutter is too fast the foreground will be dark. This is where processing programs like Lightroom come in handy, because you can adjust the highlights and shadows independently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy