2001 R50 Pathfinder Build-up.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Looks more like 67.592448 KM to me :26_7_2:

Haha awesome.

Looks like you had a great time Kyle. That area looks great to explore. Judging by the state of the greenery, you guys have been getting as much rain as we have!

Also, great camera work! Your landscape shots are awesome!

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Great pics and the truck looks great...just needs some tires!

Thank you! These coopers seriously don't wear out past this tread depth. They have been this deep for quite a while now and are not going down very fast unfortunately. They will probably be getting replaced right before next winter though for safety reasons.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
A little Update.

I believe I can now say the front bumper is roughly 95% complete. There will be lights added to the hoop, gussets on the hoop and will extend the bumper ends out to match the wheel well lines. But that stuff will take no-time at all.
Today I got the tube bent and welded on. Yesterday I finished the splash guard under the bumper and mounted the lights. Everything is starting to look like a finished bumper! The pics were all taken today as I haven't really been taking any in-progress photos. The hoop on the bumper is 1-7/8" tube that is 1/8" thick. Bending that was harder than hell let me tell you. Anyways I will want to add some gussets in order to prevent it from bending in case of an animal strike but for now it is quite solid. The splash guard (remember how I was calling it a skid plate?) is made from very open expanded metal. This would not stop much from coming through so I will be adding a smaller mesh behind it but with my welding skills, this was the lightest material I could tack on and not blow right through. When I add the smaller mesh it will probably be tied on or screwed on... not sure yet. Anyways here are the pics.
`
IMG_0470 (1).jpg
Yes the shackles overlap the lights, I could not find a better way to do it so that is what I ended up with. Since they are fog lights/ storm lights in a flood pattern I don't really notice the overlap until the light becomes about 5' up. For fog lights they work pretty great still.
`
IMG_0473 (1).jpg
You can see the angle of the splash guard doesn't go past my lights, this would be a problem for some I suppose but terrain in all the places I have gone has not even hit my stock bumper and these sit higher and further back so Im not too worried. I will have to leave those covers on the lights now so they don't crack. I will end up purchasing a pair of the clear covers to run at night during the summer because they lights are no-where near as bright when the yellow covers are on. This photo shows the angle pretty well and why I want to gusset the hoop. I gave it this angle so it lines up with the grill if looking directly forward at the vehicle and also it is now the most forward thing on my vehicle by about 1/2" so I know my clearance when parking :)
`
Next up, my huge maintenance swing. Pretty much everything I am going to service. I have had the vehicle from 120k to now 161k and would like to give it a big refresh. I also need to find the leak in my AC system. Thanks for looking.
`
Cheers Everybody!

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Anyone have a link to a good thread on auxillary lighting that stays on topic and doesnt involve Hilldweller and KojackJKU arguing? Im looking for one good driving light and one good euro light. Circular bulbs of the same size and preferrably same company. Anything is helpful.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Check out OKLED and Blitzpro. Great LED lights for not a huge price. OKLED has some light pods roughly the size of Rigid Duallys, and you can buy one spot beam and one flood beam. Lightforce lights are great, but you may as well start selling yourself now. Hellas are a decent buy, and you can get the Rallye 4000 in both beam patterns. But again, you're looking at $150/light.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
The budget I have set is $400 for the kit. One spot pattern and one driving pattern. I have the D2 mounted low as storm lights but wouldn't they look too small on the hoop. Looks aren't the biggest concern but still... I will be making a custom mounting bracket for them that will place them about in the middle of the hoop recessed back so the hoop is further forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy